Topic: Address Book

Hi friends,

is there a way to make all my users on the iredmail server have automatically on address book ALL of my other users contact? If it is possible will help me a lot, because, this iredmail server is a intranet mail server, and, all users must make contact with each others. Can someone help me? And, if i add a new user? Will this contact automatically added or need i do something else?

thanks a lot

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Address Book

Which backend do you use to store mail accounts? MySQL or OpenLDAP? Currently, global address book is only available with OpenLDAP, and it's enabled by default in Roundcube Webmail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Which backend do you use to store mail accounts? MySQL or OpenLDAP? Currently, global address book is only available with OpenLDAP, and it's enabled by default in Roundcube Webmail.

I use MySQL sad

If i use OpenLDAP i will have better performance and options? Or only this global address book will be added?

thanks!!!

hliguori wrote:

I use MySQL

You can try roundcube plugin "Global Address Book" to use MySQL as global address book:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_R … ddressbook

hliguori wrote:

If i use OpenLDAP i will have better performance and options? Or only this global address book will be added?

It's hard to say which has better performance.

OpenLDAP backend provides simple mail list. Also, there's a official web-based admin panel for OpenLDAP backend, it's easy to manage mail accounts and related stuffs:
http://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hliguori wrote:

I use MySQL

You can try roundcube plugin "Global Address Book" to use MySQL as global address book:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_R … ddressbook

Thats works great wink

i will try to help others with this same problem:

Making "global address book" using MySQL

1) Download the global address book plugin (confirm the roundcube version before download) and copy it to /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/

2) Untar the file using the command: tar -zxvf JohnDoh-Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book-06f1434.tar.gz

3) Rename the directory using the command: mv JohnDoh-Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book-06f1434 globaladdressbook

4) Enable the plugin: vi /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php
        Change: $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array("password","managesieve",);
        To: $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array("password","managesieve","globaladdressbook",);

5) Rename the configuration file using: mv /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/globaladdressbook/config.inc.php.dist /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/globaladdressbook/config.inc.php

6) Configuring: vi /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/globaladdressbook/config.inc.php
        Inserting administrators accounts on "global address book":
            Change: $rcmail_config['globaladdressbook_admin'] = null;
            To: $rcmail_config['globaladdressbook_admin'] = array('email01@mydomain.com', 'email02@mydomain.com', 'email03@mydomain.com');

This will make your global address book work very well wink

I hope it help someone wink

Nice, Thanks for your sharing smile