Topic: Error on changing message_size_limit -> how exactly does quota work?

Hi, first I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for your efforts on this nice project! I am currently testing your setup and it looks very good.
Of course, a few questions arise, so I hope it will be constructive to post here smile

First Question: after using the Answer from the FAQ "How to change mail attachment size" from here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic464- … -size.html

I get this error in postfix log:

fatal: main.cf configuration error: mailbox_size_limit is smaller than message_size_limit

I then tried to change the values in main.cf - but my changes had no effects!!! After investigating a little bit it seems to me that postfix is patched with http://vda.sourceforge.net/ - there are some config values that do not appear on postfix site, like e.g. virtual_mailbox_limit_override that seem to come from this vda patch.

So my question is: how to change attachment size limit without getting this error? It seems like some quota setting in mysql will override the postfix value mailbox_size_limit in main.cf.
I could only fix this by temporarily uncommeting virtual_mailbox_limit_override=yes - but then I have no quotas?

After debugging all this I felt a demand for more information about how exactly quota is implemented with iRedMail - I was thinking that policyd was doing the quota? Or is it the vda patch? Could you explain please? THANKS!!!

THANK YOU very much for your attention!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error on changing message_size_limit -> how exactly does quota work?

The error message is saying that your message_size_limit is bigger then mailbox_size_limit.
So that a single message can be bigger in size then the whole Mailbox.
That doesn't seem to work.
Have you checked your current and default config with 'postconf / postconf -d' ?

These are my current values:

mail:~# postconf | grep mailbox_size_limit
mailbox_size_limit = 15728640
mail:~# postconf | grep message_size_limit
message_size_limit = 15728640

And here are the defaults:

mail:~# postconf -d | grep mailbox_size_limit
mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
mail:~# postconf -d | grep message_size_limit
message_size_limit = 10240000

Hi, thanks for your answer, yes, I checked the values and I even changed them - in deed I did understand, what the error message is trying to say - but I did not understand, why changing the values had no effect - that is why this whole thing leads to the question about quota implementation.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Very useful thanks for posting.

I have the same problem…

Did anyone find a solution?