Topic: How to copy iRedMail Users from one server to another?

I'm trying to find the way to copy my previous users and passwords of an old mail server to a newly configured server.  Both servers are setup at the same manner using, iRedOS, iRedMail, RC, OpenLDAP...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to copy iRedMail Users from one server to another?

If you used MySQL backend, then simply dump/export accounts from MySQL and then import them into new server.
For OpenLDAP backend, dump whole LDAP tree and them import it.

Zhang...,

Is that the Export tool on the PHPLDAPADMIN?  When I tried to Import it to the new server, I get the error, something like, "there is already an existing domain or something..."

Sorry, but I didn't have much time to study LDAP, I was used with MySQL.  And since, I need to go in production the new server, I really need some quick answers on HowTo.

bluegrass wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't have much time to study LDAP. ... And since, I need to go in production the new server, I really need some quick answers on HowTo.

Lazy men always speak like this. tongue

I was used with MySQL.

With MySQL backend, just dump your accounts from MySQL (database 'vmail') with command 'mysqldump', or phpMyAdmin. and then import it.

With MySQL backend, just dump your accounts from MySQL (database 'vmail') with command 'mysqldump', or phpMyAdmin. and then import it.

But check that Your dir permissions on new server is correct (ls -l), owner must be vmail and group must be vmail smile

I have problems with this smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
bluegrass wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't have much time to study LDAP. ... And since, I need to go in production the new server, I really need some quick answers on HowTo.

Lazy men always speak like this. tongue

I was used with MySQL.

Sorry, but I may have been misunderstood, my Old Mail Server was configured as the New Mail Server, using this howto "iRedOS-0.6.0: Open Source Mail Server With Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, ClamAV, SpamAssassin, RoundCube".  And if check on my MySQL databases there is no 'vmail' database.