Topic: Upgrade from iRedMail 0.61 to iRedAdmin Pro 1.3

I apologize for this seemingly basic question, but I cannot find any upgrade/migrate instructions from the 'demo' product to full.

I've followed/adapted the Ubuntu installation instructions for iRedAdmin Pro, but I get a Server 500 error tryomg tp access my site. The logs say that iredadmin.py cannot be loaded as a Python module:

[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] mod_wsgi (pid=17242): Target WSGI script '/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py' cannot be loaded as Python module.
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] mod_wsgi (pid=17242): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py'.
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Traceback (most recent call last):
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]   File "/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py", line 28, in <module>
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]     from libs import iredbase
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]   File "/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/libs/iredbase.py", line 53, in <module>
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]     webmaster = cfg.general.get('webmaster', 'root')
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/web.py-0.34-py2.6.egg/web/utils.py", line 71, in __getattr__
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x]     raise AttributeError, k
[Mon Nov 01 08:11:53 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] AttributeError: 'general'

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade from iRedMail 0.61 to iRedAdmin Pro 1.3

Seems you didn't set correct file permission of /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/. It should be:

$ cd /usr/share/apache2/
$ sudo chown -R iredadmin:iredadmin iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0
$ sudo chmod -R 0755 iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0
$ sudo chmod -R 0640 iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0/settings.ini

Could you please post output of below commands:

$ sudo ls -l /usr/share/apache2/
$ sudo ls -l /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/
$ sudo ls -l /usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin-Pro-x.y.z/

Thanks, it's working now. The settings.ini file was still owned by root.

The installation instructions are a bit confusing, for example:

the iredadmin user account and mysql database were already created by 0.61. (In the initial 0.61 installation, as well, I already had mysql running with a password, and had to reset it to '' to run the script. I'm sure you can catch or annotate that easily.)

in the installation instructions you refer to ./vmail, whereas in settings.ini you say the default is ./vmail1.

. where you refer to the vmail and vmailadmin passwords, they were randomly created, and can be found in the iRedMail.tips file. The way it's worded seems to imply the passwords I created myself. Bit confusing and wasted a bit of time. But not serious.

So I just think it would be nice if you posted clearer instructions for idiots like myself. Otherwise, great job!

Thanks again.

Hi, @wildcoast.

Thanks very much for your feedback, and  here is our follow up.

- Tutorial: How to migrate from iRedAdmin open source edition to iRedAdmin-Pro.
  http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ro/OSE-Pro

Not that it applies to me anymore, but Thank you!

Because I was actually PEBCAC. When I reread the original installation instructions it was pretty clear that I was at fault.

But it must be said that the whole time I simply didn't know if I was following the correct procedure. "Migrate instructions" do make a whole lot of sense though. It's all in the title. tongue

Hope you don't mind if I don't create a new topic, but I found a very minor bug with crontab on Ubuntu:

perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats/awstats.pl

should be:

perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl

Thanks again for your amazing work. You've saved me days, probably weeks, of effort, and iRedAdmin is a continual bonus!

Best value for money online purchase EVER!

smile

Jeff

wildcoast wrote:

Hope you don't mind if I don't create a new topic, but I found a very minor bug with crontab on Ubuntu:
perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats/awstats.pl
should be:
perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.p

Fixed weeks ago.

wildcoast wrote:

Thanks again for your amazing work. You've saved me days, probably weeks, of effort, and iRedAdmin is a continual bonus!
Best value for money online purchase EVER!

Thanks smile

I downloaded the package less than a week ago from http://iredmail.googlecode.com/files/iR … .1.tar.bz2 . . .