Topic: Configure iRedMail (Ubuntu 8.04) to use external MS AD server

Is it possible to configure iRedMail to use an external Active Directory server instead of openLDAP?
I have an existing Active Directory system, but want to avoid using Exchange as a mail server, I'd be much more at home with a linux mail server, but not sure how to tell iRedMail to use my external AD server, can anyone give me some assisstance pleaase?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Configure iRedMail (Ubuntu 8.04) to use external MS AD server

Of course it's able to bridge iRedMail with AD. Read this:
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html#ad_integration

The price will be reduced a little later.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply, we're still investigating a lot of things in our current network, looking at upgrades and migrations left, right and center, so I will get back to this, since I think iRedMail would be perfect for our needs if it works with AD, so I'll keep the site bookmarked for reference later in the year when we get our budget.
Thanks again,
Conor Duffy

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does this mean that any version of Microsoft's AD is supported? Particular interest to me is Windows 2008's version of AD.

If the aforementioned is possible, does it mean that we have to buy two licenses? one for iRedAdmin Pro and the other for Active Directory integration?

iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support Windows AD.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support Windows AD.

what was the discussion for?

what's with the AD integration as advertised here --> http://www.iredmail.org/support.html#ad_integration

This is integrate iRedMail with Windows AD, not iRedAdmin-Pro.
After integration, you can manage accounts in AD. that's all.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This is integrate iRedMail with Windows AD, not iRedAdmin-Pro.
After integration, you can manage accounts in AD. that's all.

Ahh okay, so if I want AD integration I should go with iRedmail, correct? As advertised it's supported (Windows 2008 AD with iRedmail), right? If it is, then AD integration support is all that is needed, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I just would like to know what will work before I present this to the one who will pay.

jan wrote:

Ahh okay, so if I want AD integration I should go with iRedmail, correct?

Correct.

As advertised it's supported (Windows 2008 AD with iRedmail), right? If it is, then AD integration support is all that is needed, correct?

We tested on Windows 2003 AD, 2008 not tested yet. Sorry.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jan wrote:

Ahh okay, so if I want AD integration I should go with iRedmail, correct?

Correct.

As advertised it's supported (Windows 2008 AD with iRedmail), right? If it is, then AD integration support is all that is needed, correct?

We tested on Windows 2003 AD, 2008 not tested yet. Sorry.

Ohh, anyways during AD installation an administrator is asked what forest functional level do you like to implement, I guess I have to use the 2003 option instead, I supposed that will work?

So basically how are you going to provide support? By giving a howto? Do you need remote access to the server?

Many thanks!