Topic: Cannot create new users/mailboxes after upgrade iRedAdmin

Hi everyone,

I have recently upgraded iRedAdmin from the version 0.6 to 0.8 but now I'm not able to add new users/mailboxes.
The error returned from the web interface is "Error: Mail address already exists, please choose another one." but after checking into the database the mail address doesn't exists. (I have tried also with another mail address but I always receive the error).

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 MARIADB edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot create new users/mailboxes after upgrade iRedAdmin

I think I have found the problem.. I have enabled the general log query on mariadb and I have discovered that iredadmin try to check the table forward under the vmail DB which doesn't exist on iredmail 0.9.6

Connect   vmailadmin@localhost as anonymous on vmail
                   34 Query     SET NAMES utf8
                   34 Query     set autocommit=0
                   34 Query     SELECT address FROM forwardings WHERE address='mynewmailbox@mydomain.tld' LIMIT 1
                   34 Query     rollback

This new table seems to be added in the following issue https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … lias-table
I will update iRedMail to 0.9.7 according to the changelog it should introduce the forward table and fix this issue
Little note the web interface doesn't tell me that an update of iRedMail was available but only iRedAdmin was requiring an update

Re: Cannot create new users/mailboxes after upgrade iRedAdmin

Please follow our tutorial to upgrade your iRedMail-0.9.6 to the latest iRedMail-0.9.7:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

iRedAdmin relies on the SQL tables (or LDAP schema) in the latest iRedMail release, so you must upgrade iRedMail first, then upgrade iRedAdmin.