Topic: How to create new or assign the role of Superadmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I have a quick question.  How can I create a new Superadmin or reasign its role to a user other than the first postmaster created during the initial installation?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to create new or assign the role of Superadmin

- Login to iRedAdmin as existing global admin: https://<server>/iredadmin/
- Create new global admin, or promote existing mail user to be a global admin

Thanks for this.  I was not completely clear when I asked my question.  I would like to find out how to create an admin who receives the daily messages about the cron jobs, emails statistics and backups.

Right now it is the first postmaster account that was created during installation, however I now even want to drop the whole mail domain but someone needs to receive those messages to know what is happening.

Ascar wrote:

I would like to find out how to create an admin who receives the daily messages about the cron jobs, emails statistics and backups.

This was sent to system user "root". You need to update file /etc/postfix/aliases, set the forward address of "root" user to the email address you want to receive the daily messages. For example:

root: someone@some-domain.com

After you updated this file, please run "postalias /etc/postfix/aliases".

Thank you.  I will try this and I am sure it should work.