Topic: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-1.4.0

Hi, all.

iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0 is available for upgrade and purchase. We'd like to hear from you, tell us what you want to be available in next release - iRedAdmin-Pro-1.4.0.

Thanks very much.

==== WISHLIST ====

• MySQL backend support. It will be a seperate iRedAdmin-Pro edition, with same features as OpenLDAP edition. It's a lot of work.

• [COMPLETED] Show per-user quota usage.

• Better SPAM/Virus management with Amavisd-new integration

• Statistics of incoming and outgoing mails. (per-domain? per-user? What kind of information?)

• [COMPLETED] View info of incoming/outgoing emails. Includes subject, sender & recipient addresses, mail size, etc.

• [COMPLETED] Quarantining SPAM/Virus messages in MySQL and release them.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-1.4.0

Hey,

1) As mentioned previously the use of the company/organisation as a higher level categorisation so that you go from companies listed into domains listed below the company.

2) Editable autoresponders with start dates and end dates from within the admin interface on a per user basis rather than inside roundcube where as an admin you would have to log into each users account knowing there password (which we generally don't).

3) Mail stats would be useful, maybe the intergration of something like pflogsumm where you could view the total number of emails sent per day, sizes, traffic etc for a global basis, per domain basis and company basis. Gives you an idea for how busy the server is.

4) Error logs viewable from with in the admin area, to save having to ssh into the server to view them.

5) On a per user basis spam filter level adjustments to control to level at which the user classes it as spam, along with adjusting the name tagged onto the message for spam with the option to automatically move it into the spam folder.

6) Global content filtering so that you can filter incoming and outgoing emails for certain definable words.

That is about the only things I can think of at the moment that would be useful or atleast I have not found in the system.

Regards

Jimmy

Hey,

It would be very nice to see the features 1, 2 and 5. Furthermore a prefix for the mailing lists would be very cool.

Bye
Norman

strawberrysoup wrote:

1) As mentioned previously the use of the company/organisation as a higher level categorisation so that you go from companies listed into domains listed below the company.

Still thinking about how to implement it in a better way.

2) Editable autoresponders with start dates and end dates from within the admin interface on a per user basis rather than inside roundcube where as an admin you would have to log into each users account knowing there password (which we generally don't).

No plan to support this in admin panel.
It's better to set autoresponder in webmail, so, please ask in Roundcube mail list.
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/MailingLists

3) Mail stats would be useful, maybe the intergration of something like pflogsumm where you could view the total number of emails sent per day, sizes, traffic etc for a global basis, per domain basis and company basis. Gives you an idea for how busy the server is.

4) Error logs viewable from with in the admin area, to save having to ssh into the server to view them.

We're integrating Amavisd in v1.4.0, features you mentioned will be achieved (maybe partly).

With Amavisd integration, you can view some basic information about incoming and outgoing emails, such as subject, sender/recipient, size. Also, you can view and release quarantined SPAM/Virus.

Will try to achieve deeper integration. Tell us your ideas. smile

5) On a per user basis spam filter level adjustments to control to level at which the user classes it as spam, along with adjusting the name tagged onto the message for spam with the option to automatically move it into the spam folder.

Sounds like part of Amavisd integration. But no plan yet, put it on my TODO list.

6) Global content filtering so that you can filter incoming and outgoing emails for certain definable words.

Is SpamAssassin + MySQL integration? No plan yet.

1) If you're searching for an e-mail-adress, and only one result would come back, it would be nice to jump directly to the users settings.
2) For Aliases it would be nice to have one page including Adress, Display Name and Group-Members instead of loading two pages.

just my 2 bits wink

----
ACHIEVED in iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.4.0. Edited by Zhang Huangbin

igot2b wrote:

1) If you're searching for an e-mail-adress, and only one result would come back, it would be nice to jump directly to the users settings.

Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you using?
With v1.3.0, some operations are available in search result page: Delete, Enable, Disable. And you can go to account profile page by clicking a link.

2) For Aliases it would be nice to have one page including Adress, Display Name and Group-Members instead of loading two pages.

Good idea. I will try it.

I would like to see how much of a data a user has in his mailbox.
Maybe a notation like 1,25/25 as in used/quota an 1,25/unlimited for an account with unlimited quota

----
ACHIEVED in iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.4.0. Edited by Zhang Huangbin

veldsink wrote:

I would like to see how much of a data a user has in his mailbox.
Maybe a notation like 1,25/25 as in used/quota an 1,25/unlimited for an account with unlimited quota

User @maxie_ro contributes a great tutorial about real-time quota usage here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1306 … quota.html

9 (edited by igot2b 2010-10-12 22:15:21)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
igot2b wrote:

Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you using?
With v1.3.0, some operations are available in search result page: Delete, Enable, Disable. And you can go to account profile page by clicking a link.

Since you can enable/disable/delete the entry (either mail-user, mail-list, alias) when in the profile page anyway, in my eyes it would be useful to directly jump to the profile page if you search for something you exactly know you gonna get only one entry anyway from you query.

I hope it's understandable what I mean here smile

//edit i'm using 1.3.0 here ofc

nobaschwa wrote:

Furthermore a prefix for the mailing lists would be very cool.

I completely agree with this.  The prefix would be very high on my list.

Any decent mailing list program does this, and I'd like this integrated asap! smile

Thanks

Excuse me, what do you mean "a prefix for the mailling lists"?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Excuse me, what do you mean "a prefix for the mailling lists"?

Hey,

adding a Prefix to the mail subject, like

[list ABC] ORIGINAL SUBJECT

Greetz
Norman

It would be nice to have an expiry date for user and/or domain to automatically disable login after that date. Very useful for ISP.

Hi,
I am writing this post after a long time ... but anyway first and foremost I would like to thank iRedmail for such an amazing product and the efforts they have taken. My WhishList is a very unique one ... I am from India and as you all know in India there are unique requirements and the one which I am going to narrate is very unique. Let me give you a brief on the same.
I have hosted my domain in US and have 600 Users (Email) on them ... I have 4 Offices in India i.e. including the Branch Offices 3 and 1 Corporate Office ... I do not want to change the MX Pointing but keep it as it is ... I will Install an iRedMail Server (Local) in the Corporate Office as majority of the users are in the Corporate Office and will keep other users on the US server.
Problem | I have created 350 Users on my Corporate Server but a user from the Corporate Office send an email to a user who is not listed in the Corporate Server the message bounces and says no such user in the maildir. How do I forward these users email to the US server where actually their POP mailbox resides please let me know.
Presently I am using NetCore Server and want to replace the same with iRedMail but before that I have to give a POC (Proof of Concept )
Thanks & Regards,
Indranil C. Kamulkar (Neil)

First, if you'd like to ask technical questions, please create new topic instead of repling this thread.

indranil.kamulkar wrote:

Problem | I have created 350 Users on my Corporate Server but a user from the Corporate Office send an email to a user who is not listed in the Corporate Server the message bounces and says no such user in the maildir. How do I forward these users email to the US server where actually their POP mailbox resides please let me know.

You can try per-user relay setting (transport).

Hi, @Albux.

Sorry for my late reply.

Albux wrote:

It would be nice to have an expiry date for user and/or domain to automatically disable login after that date. Very useful for ISP.

iRedMail LDAP schema provides attribute "expiredDate" for accounts, you can set expire date as its value, like '2011-01-01', then create a crontab job to query LDAP server and set "accountStatus=disabled" if it's expired.

I will try to integrate this feature in next release of iRedAdmin-Pro, and provides script to disable accounts. Thanks very much for your suggestion.

17 (edited by rgunawans 2010-11-16 12:21:23)

Hi Zhang,

I hope in the next version , IRedAdmin has a export or import addressbook to CSV, LDIF, etc.

Hi, @rgunawans.

It's able to export account to LDIF in v1.3.0.
I do plan to achieve vCard format, but not "SCV" yet.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi, @rgunawans.

It's able to export account to LDIF in v1.3.0.
I do plan to achieve vCard format, but not "SCV" yet.

sorry my missed type.. big_smile

Hi,

I think that it could be nice feature, if email user can login to management with own email/password. There should be management for basic settings for that account, and ability to add vacation message.

samuelvasy wrote:

I think that it could be nice feature, if email user can login to management with own email/password. There should be management for basic settings for that account, and ability to add vacation message.

Will allow user to login and manage their own personal information later, but vacation message should be always managed in webmail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Will allow user to login and manage their own personal information later, but vacation message should be always managed in webmail.

Why so? Many offices has one person who needs to add vacation messages to others (secretary), so its very much easier, when it can be added from management, than logging in to other users webmail.

iRedMail uses sieve and managesieve service for mail filter rules, vacation message is one of mail filter rules.
Since it can't be stored in SQL/LDAP, it's not so easy to manage vacation message in iRedAdmin-Pro.

hi, i hope admin can open all email(user) using admin login & freeze some email queue to manage mail traffic (set mail user for priority), delete, freeze, stop..
thx...

t10 wrote:

hi, i hope admin can open all email(user) using admin login & freeze some email queue to manage mail traffic (set mail user for priority), delete, freeze, stop..

No plan yet. Sorry