Topic: Relay Domain, non-existing local User as member of Mail Alias

We use the iRedMail Server primary as an E-Mailserver for a few Domains and as Smarthost for our Exchange-Server. The ExchangeServer Domain is configured as an Relay Domain (smtp:[192.168.X.X]:25) at the iRedMail Server.

So far so good now i want to create an Alias for this Domain on the iRedMail-Server and want to add a few Mail-User that do not exist at the iRedMail Server but at the Exchange-Server under this Alias but the iRedAdmin-Pro will discard this non-existing addresses.

Where can i change this restriction?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.3.1611
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Relay Domain, non-existing local User as member of Mail Alias

pascal.vorsmann wrote:

now i want to create an Alias for this Domain on the iRedMail-Server and want to add a few Mail-User that do not exist at the iRedMail Server

I don't understand this. Could you please explain with more details?

3 (edited by pascal.vorsmann 2017-09-13 16:33:44)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pascal.vorsmann wrote:

now i want to create an Alias for this Domain on the iRedMail-Server and want to add a few Mail-User that do not exist at the iRedMail Server

I don't understand this. Could you please explain with more details?

At the iredMailServer we have added a Domain (e.g. test.de) this Domain is relayed to the internal Exchange Server via RELAY Command (smtp:[192.168.X.X]:25). This works fine.

At the iRedMail Server i have created an Alias for this Domain (e.g. distribution@test.de) an now i want to add Member (E-Mail Adresses) to this Alias over the Textarea "One mail address per line". For external E-Mailadresses (e.g. user1@domain1.de, user2@domain2.de) this works fine also. But i can not add E-Mailadresses with the same Domain than the Alias if the User do not exists (e.g. user3@test.de) at the iRedMail Server. But they exist at the Exchange-Server and the iRedMail Server should forward Mails to that Server. I think this is only a restriction in the iRedAdmin-pro and it should be work if the server could safe the adresses. So i want to know where i can edit this restriction.

Post's attachments

iredmail.jpg 167.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

How about add this 'user3@test.de' on iRedMail?

that was only one example i have to create over 70 Aliases and up to 40 Users. It would be more comfortable if i can add the Adresses without add them as user to the iRedMail Server...

We have no plan to disable this feature (disallow non-exist users).

In my opinion, if you have all users listed in iRedMail, you can use postfix parameter 'relay_recipient_maps =' to help reject spams sent to non-existing addresses, so it will be better for fighting spam. FYI:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … pient_maps