Topic: how to verify throttling

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1  (will update soon!)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
=====

Hi Zhang!

Server has been running great for about a year.  I am trying (for the first time) to use throttling.  The plugin is being loaded:

2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Starting iRedAPD (version: 1.9.0, backend: mysql), listening on 127.0.0.1:7777.
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Log rotate type: time, interval: W6, backup copies: 12.
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: reject_null_sender
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: reject_sender_login_mismatch
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: greylisting
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: throttle
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: sql_alias_access_policy
2017-09-13 23:19:26 INFO Loading plugin: amavisd_wblist

Other iRedAPD features are working, such as greylisting and amavis.

I have another server that uses my iredmail server as a relayhost.  I added the other server's IP to postfix mynetworks and to iredapd MYNETWORKS. Relay works fine.

I want to throttle emails coming from the other server, for example, 50 msgs per hour. So I did:

INSERT INTO throttle (account, kind, priority, period, msg_size, max_msgs, max_quota)
VALUES ('other server ip address', 'external', 10, 3600, 0, 50, 0);

However, when messages are relayed from the other server, I don't see anything about throttling in the iredapd.log.  I don't see any entries being created in the throttle_tracking table.

How can I tell whether throttle is working?

Does being in MYNETWORKS exempt that host from throttling?

PS - I just tried dropping the msg limit down to 3 and then sending multiple test msgs. They all went through so I'm not getting any throttling yet.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how to verify throttling

deltatango wrote:

However, when messages are relayed from the other server, I don't see anything about throttling in the iredapd.log.  I don't see any entries being created in the throttle_tracking table.

Please upgrade iRedMail and iRedAPD first. This feature is available iRedAPD-2.0 (you're running 1.9.0).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
deltatango wrote:

Please upgrade iRedMail and iRedAPD first. This feature is available iRedAPD-2.0 (you're running 1.9.0).

I will do that this weekend and report back.  Thank you sir.

Version updates completed and iRedAPD is now logging and creating throttle tracking entries.

My previous version had throttle support, but I see from the changelog that IP-based throttling was just fixed in 2.1.  Thanks for the support!