1 (edited by Lucannus 2017-09-12 21:40:41)

Topic: OpenBSD issues and a unsupported OS question.

have now tried to install on 2 separate fresh installs of OpenBSD 6.1. The first one got hung up while installing and the second time got hung up while launching the daemons after rebooting. Not 100% sure what the issue was (maybe it's on me for not installing properly?). Will not setting it up properly cause these sorts of issues?

Also, on a side note. I am not a fan of systemd versions of Linux and have been doing lots of playing around with Devuan jessie (Debian jessie spinoff) with great success. Is there a way for me to get around the "unsupported" issue and install iRedMail on an unsupported OS?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: OpenBSD issues and a unsupported OS question.

Didn't have such issue on OpenBSD before. Could you please show us more details about the hang issue?

Lucannus wrote:

Is there a way for me to get around the "unsupported" issue and install iRedMail on an unsupported OS?

You can hack file 'conf/global' file to support it.

3 (edited by Lucannus 2017-09-13 10:42:17)

I am doing this setup on OpenBSD 6.1 as a vitual machine in Hyper-v if that makes any differance. I'll grab a screenshot when i'm back at work tomorrow.

Also, what would I need to change in the conf/global?

So this is where it is locked up currently. Unfortunately cant see why. Will have to try and boot it back up to see what went wrong. Last install it locked up on me when initializing the daemons.

Post's attachments

Mailserver 2.png
Mailserver 2.png 23.18 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

When it hangs as shown in screenshot, please login to the server with another ssh session, run "ps aux" to check whether it's hung by some "perl" command. We use perl to modify some config files in-place, if some variable is empty (doesn't given a file path to 'perl' command), it will hang.

I completely forgot I could ssh in...

Anyways, went with postgre instead of mariadb on this latest install attempt, seems to be up and running! Thanks for everything Zhang!

8 (edited by Lucannus 2017-09-14 20:33:37)

Are there any advanteges to having sogo installed aswell? I just went with roundcube. Does sogo and roundcube work together at all, or are they completely separate?

So far love what i see!

Lucannus wrote:

Are there any advanteges to having sogo installed aswell?

Roundcube is just webmail, SOGo offers webmail, calendar (CalDAV), contacts (CardDAV), and activesync.

You can run both SOGo and Roundcube, but there's some minor settings you should be aware:

*) Mail filters (sieve rules) generated by SOGo and Roundcube are not compatible, so please create/manage mail filter with only one of them, not both.
*) If you chose to install both during iRedMail installation, mail filter is enabled in only Roundcube.

Hi Zhang, just wanted to say I appreciate all your help!

Everything is still up and working. I can send mail and receive (most) email. I can receive from almost everywhere but my exchange server at work. I'm not sure why, so thats my next issue.
The exchange server reaches out to the proper external IP on port 25, but does not seem to be able to make the connection. Ports are forwarded on my firewall... what else could I be missing?

Now if i wish to use SoGo (which I do), it can be installed after installing iRedMail correct? Any special setup stuff I need to do to make it work?

Lucannus wrote:

I can receive from almost everywhere but my exchange server at work. I'm not sure why, so thats my next issue.

No log, no help from others. It's hard to help troubleshoot without related log.

Lucannus wrote:

Now if i wish to use SoGo (which I do), it can be installed after installing iRedMail correct? Any special setup stuff I need to do to make it work?

Better install SOGo during iRedMail installation. It will be much easier.