Topic: Installation stopped dead at clamAV. Help needed.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no, but will definitely consider if it works
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm trying to install iRedMail on FreeBSD. I followed the steps as outlined in [http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … eebsd.html]. It ran for about 3 hours. Then, it stopped dead at this:

=================================

libtool: link: rm -f ".libs/check_fpu_endian.nmI"
libtool: link: (cd .libs && cc -O2 -pipe -DLIBICONV_PLUG -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -c -fno-builtin -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions "check_fpu_endianS.c")
libtool: link: rm -f ".libs/check_fpu_endianS.c" ".libs/check_fpu_endian.nm" ".libs/check_fpu_endian.nmS" ".libs/check_fpu_endian.nmT" ".libs/check_fpu_endian.nmI"
libtool: link: cc -O2 -pipe -DLIBICONV_PLUG -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -fstack-protector -o .libs/check_fpu_endian check_fpu_endian-check_fpu_endian.o  -L/usr/local/lib ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so -L/usr/lib /usr/local/lib/libltdl.so -lxml2 -llzma -lbz2 -liconv -lutil -lssl -lcrypto -lz -ljson-c -lpcre -lthr -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check_freshclam.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check_sigtool.sh'.
cat ../unit_tests/.split/split.clam-phish-exeaa ../unit_tests/.split/split.clam-phish-exeab > clam-phish-exe
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check1_clamscan.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check2_clamd.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check3_clamd.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check4_clamd.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check5_clamd_vg.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check6_clamd_vg.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check7_clamd_hg.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check8_clamd_hg.sh'.
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for 'check9_clamscan_vg.sh'.
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake  check-TESTS
gmake[3]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake[4]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
FAIL: check_clamav
PASS: check_freshclam.sh
PASS: check_sigtool.sh
SKIP: check_unit_vg.sh
PASS: check1_clamscan.sh
PASS: check2_clamd.sh
PASS: check3_clamd.sh
PASS: check4_clamd.sh
SKIP: check5_clamd_vg.sh
SKIP: check6_clamd_vg.sh
SKIP: check7_clamd_hg.sh
SKIP: check8_clamd_hg.sh
SKIP: check9_clamscan_vg.sh
gmake[5]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake[5]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
gmake[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
============================================================================
Testsuite summary for ClamAV 0.99.2
# TOTAL: 13
# PASS:  6
# SKIP:  6
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See unit_tests/test-suite.log
Please report to http://bugs.clamav.net/
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:1070: test-suite.log] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:1178: check-TESTS] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:1333: check-am] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2/unit_tests'
gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:738: check-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.99.2'
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/security/clamav
<< ERROR >> Port was not successfully installed, please fix it manually and then re-execute this script.

===================================

It seems that there is an error in clamAV directory. Why?

What can I do to resolve this problem and try again?

Thanks!

Kevin.

Re: Installation stopped dead at clamAV. Help needed.

It's a ports tree issue, not iRedMail.
Bug report in FreeBSD bugzilla: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_ … ?id=221513

I'm afraid that you have to wait for the maintainer to fix it.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's a ports tree issue, not iRedMail.
Bug report in FreeBSD bugzilla: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_ … ?id=221513

I'm afraid that you have to wait for the maintainer to fix it.

Thanks for your reply! Well, since I'm only trying iRedMail for now I'll wait. However, in a real deployment situation this would be a headacle if we need to hurriedly re-deploy to a new server. Do you guys have any solution for this? Can we install it from pkg, instead of compiling it from the ports as what we are doing now?

(Specifically, we must run it on FreeBSD.)

Thanks!

Kevin.

I believe you know the ports tree changes everyday. As a solution vendor, we cannot guarantee you the ports tree is stable while deploying iRedMail on FreeBSD.

Not all FreeBSD binary packages are built with required compile options (e.g. MySQL/PostgreSQL/LDAP support), that's why we have to use ports tree and not binary packages.

This is weakness of FreeBSD ports tree, and why i love OpenBSD ports tree so much - the purpose of ports tree is generating usable binary packages, and everyone just use binary packages.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

5 (edited by ikevin 2017-09-07 22:39:57)

So, is it possible to build without clamAV (for FreeBSD)?

*) iRedMail installer is hard-coded to install clamav.
*) FreeBSD port maintainer still didn't fix it?

----

buy me a cup of coffee

I built a new iRedMail server on FreeBSD with the latest ports tree, port 'security/clamav' has been installed successfully.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I built a new iRedMail server on FreeBSD with the latest ports tree, port 'security/clamav' has been installed successfully.

I tried again, and it failed with the same error as previously.

the clamav port has not been updated:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_ … ?id=221513
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/clamav/

How did you get it installed?

Strange. I just upgrade ports tree with 'portsnap fetch update', then install iRedMail. No error at all.

----

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Strange. I just upgrade ports tree with 'portsnap fetch update', then install iRedMail. No error at all.

I did "portsnap fetch extract update" as well. Did you do anything else? Or your system isn't a fresh install and it contained an older version of clamav?

11 (edited by ikevin 2017-09-11 22:58:00)

ikevin wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I did "portsnap fetch extract update" as well. Did you do anything else? Or your system isn't a fresh install and it contained an older version of clamav?

I'm installing it inside a jail. And I did "portsnap fetch extract update" inside the jail. And the jail had been freshedly created.

Did you look at the 2 links I posted:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_ … ?id=221513
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/clamav/

There is no indication the bug is fixed. The last update was 3 weeks ago.

So, I don't understand how you succeeded.

Are you using FreeBSD current (12). I'm using stable (11.1).