1 (edited by bodywise 2017-09-09 01:37:16)

Topic: How do we save emails?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Apache24
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Roundcube is not saving any of my emails.  Maybe I do not understand Roundcube.  I thought that would be an IMAP app.

So how do I save all emails online?  I am not talking about backups.  But stored readable emails that can be read through Roundcube.  I am using Outlook which does solve the problem saving locally.  That was my goal.  But I want my online server to provide the ongoing source for saved (readable) emails.   And saving even if the server is down temporarily as is happening.

Where is the switch to make this happen?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by RikuS 2017-09-09 01:12:53)

Re: How do we save emails?

You probable set up your Oulook to use email as POP, which mean that once Outlook has downloaded the email, it gets removed from the server. To fix this, setup your account on Outlook as IMAP and the emails will be kept on the server and are available on Roundcube as well.

RikuS wrote:

You probable set up your Oulook to use email as POP, which mean that once Outlook has downloaded the email, it gets removed from the server. To fix this, setup your account on Outlook as IMAP and the emails will be kept on the server and are available on Roundcube as well.

Thank you but that entirely defeats the purpose of my using iRedMail in the first place.  I want POP3 mail.  Not IMAP.   I have configured Outlook to "save" all emails for 10 days.  When using my current ISP host (InMotionHosting) that does not seem to be a problem.  Somehow they are saving all emails even as I use POP mail.  I want the same on my private iRedMail server. 

This can be done.   

I have been fighting with AWS for months to get this configured.  They refuse to recognize or allow POP emails on their system.  Only SMTP.  And now it has done elegantly.  I just need this last step.  Saving emails on my private server.    In today's world a private server is fantastic.

4 (edited by RikuS 2017-09-09 03:58:19)

Haven't really been playing around with POP or Outlook for ages, but the default feature of POP is to download the mails and then remove them from the server.

Based on this guide it should be working as you describe if set up correctly:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/configure.thunderbird.html

Sorry that I can't help more than this, Zhang might have more ideas.

Hi @bodywise,

Try this in Roundcube "Settings" page: Preferences -> Server Settings -> Do not show deleted messages (uncheck this option)