Topic: Is there a way to Exempt 1 domain from recipient restrictions.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? 2.8.0
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Recipient address rejected: SMTP AUTH is required, or it is a spam with forged sender domain
====

Hi,
I have 1 customer that is using Google mail to do spam filtering. Google in their infinite wisdom sends daily spam reports From: user@example.com To: user@example.com. That of course gets rejected by the recipient restrictions rule as spam.

I know I can add the mail google mail servers to mydomains (if I can actually figure out their ip address blocks) but that would exempt their mail servers for ALL of my customers. I would prefer not to do that. Is there a way to allow Google to send emails addressed as described above to just the effected domain and still reject that kind of addressing for everyone? Assuming this is possible, can this be done using iRedAdmin-pro or is there some other method I need to employ?

Regards,

Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is there a way to Exempt 1 domain from recipient restrictions.

Try this: add setting below in iRedAPD config file /opt/iredapd/settings.py:

ALLOWED_FORGED_SENDERS = ['user@example.com', 'user2@domain2.com']

Then restart iRedAPD service.

It allows email sent from EXTERNAL servers as an user under locally hosted domains.

Re: Is there a way to Exempt 1 domain from recipient restrictions.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this: add setting below in iRedAPD config file /opt/iredapd/settings.py:

ALLOWED_FORGED_SENDERS = ['user@example.com', 'user2@domain2.com']

Then restart iRedAPD service.

It allows email sent from EXTERNAL servers as an user under locally hosted domains.

That fixed it.

Thanks