Topic: Unlimited quota for user

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I am unable to set user quota to unlimited in recent iReadAdmin-Pro versions (2.8, 2.9). When I use 0 or "" (empty string), then the user is assigned all remaining domain quota.

Is this intentional?

Thanks

Robert

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unlimited quota for user

If domain is set to a quota, no user under this domain can be assigned with a bigger quota size. it's logical, isn't it?

It's like a family's has $10,000 cash in total, but one family member used $20,000. this is impossible.

In previous versions, when i have domain quota for example 10GB and 3 users with quota 0, then all users shared the quota together. Now that is not possible and this is what i meant.

rk wrote:

In previous versions, when i have domain quota for example 10GB and 3 users with quota 0, then all users shared the quota together.

iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro didn't implement share domain quota like this before, it might be a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

it might be a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro.

Yes, confirmed. I see domains set this way with previous version and with waaaay over quota.

Is it be possible to implement shared quota? Can I help with this?

I think this is possible with some tweaks in Dovecot LDAP lookup file, also iRedAdmin-Pro.