1 (edited by ve3lst 2017-07-28 21:23:13)

Topic: Questions about domains

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MYSQL edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I've two things to ask. First one i installed iRedMail on local server that have multiple domain name, and now every domain name i use followed by /mail /SOGo /iredadmin open the mail client. Even when I am using apache's Virtual Host for a certain domain. So how can i lock iRedMail to one domain only?

The second one is, when i installed iRedMail i used wrong domain (msun.com instead of msun.local) can i change the domain?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Questions about domains

ve3lst wrote:

I've two things to ask. First one i installed iRedMail on local server that have multiple domain name, and now every domain name i use followed by /mail /SOGo /iredadmin open the mail client. Even when I am using apache's Virtual Host for a certain domain. So how can i lock iRedMail to one domain only?

You need to configure Apache virtual host. Disable the catch-all host.

ve3lst wrote:

The second one is, when i installed iRedMail i used wrong domain (msun.com instead of msun.local) can i change the domain?

Just create new one, also create a global domain admin, then remove the wrong domain.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ve3lst wrote:

You need to configure Apache virtual host. Disable the catch-all host.

ve3lst wrote:

Just create new one, also create a global domain admin, then remove the wrong domain.

Thank you for your replay.

I need more help on how i disable catch-all host, is what I'm supposed to do is remove all these lines from /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl.conf:

Alias /iredadmin/static "/opt/www/iredadmin/static/"
WSGIScriptAlias /iredadmin "/opt/www/iredadmin/iredadmin.py/"
Alias /mail "/opt/www/roundcubemail/"
ProxyPass /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync retry=60 connectiontimeout=5 timeout=3540
ProxyPass /SOGo http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo retry=0
Alias /awstats/icon "/usr/share/awstats/icon/"
Alias /awstatsicon "/usr/share/awstats/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/"

and make a new host file and enable it? or is there's something else to do?

Thanks!

Instead of removing all lines, you can simply rename it to a file which doesn't end with '.conf'. Then Apache will not load it.

hi,

Thank you for your replay, but how do i disable the catch-all host as you suggested in your first replay?

thanks!

Try to set a proper domain name with parameter "ServerName" in Apache config file.