Topic: Bounce messages creating folders outside the inBox

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have set up an mail address to catch bounce messages from our MTA however rather then the messages arriving into the inbox each bounce email is placed into a unique folder outside the inbox. I have attached a screen shot of what is happening. Can anyoe shed any light into why this is happening and preferrably a solution where bounce messages will go dieect into the inbox without creating folders.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Bounce messages creating folders outside the inBox

Your explanation is not clear, also no screenshot attached.
Could you please explain with some more details?

3 (edited by auroralabs 2017-07-25 16:17:12)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Your explanation is not clear, also no screenshot attached.
Could you please explain with some more details?

Ok sorry if I am unclear.

I have an application that is monitoring the inbox for bounce messages. As you can see the inbox has 112 bounced email messages that I have had to add manually into the inbox.

What is happening is that when a bounced email is sent to this mailbox rather than landing into the inbox it is creating a folder outside the inbox ie bounce_5970..., bounce_6543... and storing the bounced email inside that folder. This is repeated for every email that is landing on this account. so if 112 messages have bounced from an email campaign then 112 folders are created each with 1 email inside which i have to manually move to the inbox and then delete the folder.

Post's attachments

bounce.jpg
bounce.jpg 40.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Comment out below setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, restarting Dovecot should fix it.

lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes