Topic: Migration

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES 2.6.0
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I've been searching for over two hours now and I cannot find the simplified answer....so any help would be appreciated.
I'm looking to test migrating to a new Server box. The migration documentation states
"MySQL/PostgreSQL: Migrate mail accounts
All mail accounts are stored in database vmail by default, to migrate mail accounts, you can simply export this database on old server, then import it on new server." The problem lies with I don't know how to SIMPLY export the database and import it on the new box. I have my backups from the nightly backup which are stored in a .bz2 file I think. What are the commands I need to type on the new box once I've install iredmail to import from the MySQL bz2 file?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migration

Luke6283 wrote:

The problem lies with I don't know how to SIMPLY export the database and import it on the new box.

Dump with "mysqldump" command, import with command like "mysql -uroot -p db_name < /path/to/exported.sql".