Topic: Open ldap in remote host

Hi ,
i want to install ldap in remote host with iredmail: my postfix in one server and my ldap in an other server? It's possible? If yes how to please.
Thank's for helping me.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Open ldap in remote host

Of course it's possible. Try this:

- Setup iRedMail on both servers with OpenLDAP backend. Let's say you plan to run Postfix on server SMTP and run OpenLDAP on server LDAP.
- Remove all services except OpenLDAP on server LDAP, and allow external access to OpenLDAP service in firewall rules (iptables/ipfw/pf).
- Update Postfix/Dovecot/Roundcube/Amavisd config files to point LDAP server address to server LDAP.

That's all.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question about this - if I implement this way can the iRedAdmin panel on the SMTP server be used to create and edit users on the server st up as the ldap server? If so, what configuration files would I need to edit? We are looking to purchase the pro version if this is viable. I want to give users the ability to change their own passwords, spam settings, etc.

Would I install the full iRedMail (non pro) package on the ldap server, then once all is configured just turn off the unused services?

We are definitely looking to have the ldap server as a separate virtual machine, as we will also be integrating ldap with radius.

jstewart wrote:

if I implement this way can the iRedAdmin panel on the SMTP server be used to create and edit users on the server st up as the ldap server? If so, what configuration files would I need to edit?

Yes iRedAdmin-Pro will work with a remote LDAP server if iRedAdmin-Pro can successfully connect to the LDAP server. You just need to update iRedAdmin-Pro config file to set the correct LDAP server address and bind dn/password.

You can try it with iRedAdmin open source edition first.

Thanks.

I got everything up and running - now to get freeradius configured with the openldap installation...