1 (edited by PhilBin 2017-06-13 02:55:34)

Topic: Deleted first domain and first postmaster account

==== Required information ====
- Ubuntu 16.04
- MySQL
- Nginx
- iRedAdmin
====

Hello guys,

I have installed iRedAdmin a while back and it is amazing. I'm just experiencing some mail service downtime with iRedAdmin from time to time. I always look up the logs, the statuses of amavis, amavisd-new, postfix, dovecot, nginx etc. and they look up and running. Also not to forget that RAM consumption is always at 55% to 60%.

Is this normal behavior of iRedAdmin? It feels like it needs close up maintenance and it is not an install & forget kind of thing. Anyway, a reboot of the server would solve this usually.

However, when I installed iRedAdmin at first, it asked me to specify a domain name so I put owa.domain.com since I used to deal a lot with MS Exchange. After logging to the admin panel, I deleted this owa.domain.com domain and replaced it with domain.com (same domain just no owa sub). In addition, I deleted the postmaster@owa.domain.com since its domain doesn't exist anymore and replaced it with one of the actual created emails as the acting global admin email (email@domain.com).

The problem now is that whenever I look at the mail.log file, I see the two following errors:

mail postfix/smtp[2466]: connect to owa.domain.com[45.55.239.140]:25: Connection refused
mail postfix/smtp[2466]: 6C7A71394FF: to=<postmaster@owa.domain.com>, relay=none, delay=126492, delays=126492/0.03/0.08/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to owa.domain.com[45.55.239.140]:25: Connection refused)

I tried to change the First Domain Value in the iRedAdmin config value plus a reboot, but the problem still exists.

I looked at the postfix master.cf and main.cf files for domain names, nothing is there concerning owa.domain.com.

There is that last place I want to look at which is MySQL database, but I do not want to commit any changes before taking your say in this.

Would you suggest where the places of that domain and postmaster email are at? Along with that, why postfix is trying to connect to postmaster@owa.domain.com, is it trying to send error logs to it or something?

Appreciated guys,

Phil.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Deleted first domain and first postmaster account

Please also update /etc/postfix/aliases to replace 'postmaster@owa.domain.com'.

3 (edited by PhilBin 2017-06-13 22:41:30)

I did change the alias and deleted the the postmaster@owa.domain.com from the domain_admin table of the vmail database.

The problem is still going and still logging in mail.log file. This seems to be a bug Zhang. If you want to recreate the problem, here is the way:

1. Install iRedMail (nginx, mysql). During the install, specify the hostname to be owa.domain.com.
2. Upon successful install, login into the admin panel and delete the owa.domain.com plus the postmaster@owa.domain.com email.
3. create a new domain the same as the old one but no sub domains just domain.com.
4. The URL where i access sogo, iredadmin etc. is mail.domain.com.
5. You will notice that iRedMail is functioning fine but the postmaster and trying to connect to owa.domain.com logs are still being registered.
6. Changing iRedMail config file's entry for FIRST_DOMAIN from owa.domain.com to mail.domain.com didn't solve the issue (root/iRedMail-0.9.6/config)
7. Changing the alias at etc/postfix/aliases file from postmaster@owa.domain.com to email@domain.com didn't solve the problem.
8. Deleting the postmaster email from the domain_admins table of the vmail database didn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

Could you please do me a favor, check the Postfix log file, try to figure out which program generates the email sent to postmaster@owa.domain.com?