1 (edited by zuotoski 2017-06-06 04:16:26)

Topic: How to make Amavis send notification to local domain only

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 OPENLDAP edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP / Microsoft Active Directory
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi!
     I've managed to make Amavis send notifications to users about blocked attachments, editing the file /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user. What was strange is that when the option
$final_banned_destiny was = D_BOUNCE; it wasn't sending any notification, but when I changed it to $final_banned_destiny = D_REJECT; it started to send.

Now, the problem is: I want to send this notification to the users of our domain only. Outside users don't need to know it, in particular spamers.

So, is it simple? What's the catch, please?

Thank you smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to make Amavis send notification to local domain only

*) D_BOUNCE is supposed to send a bounce message, but it doesn't. This issue was reported in this forum once before, dsSeems Amavisd changed the behaviour (or did i miss some doc?).

*) final_*_destiny options are global setting, it cannot be defined as a per policy bank setting. So you cannot accomplish your goal with custom policy bank (or the existing 'ORIGINATING' policy bank). (maybe i'm wrong with new amavisd release.)

It's better ask in Amavisd mailing list to get support from Amavisd developers.

3 (edited by zuotoski 2017-06-08 19:40:33)

Re: How to make Amavis send notification to local domain only

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) D_BOUNCE is supposed to send a bounce message, but it doesn't. This issue was reported in this forum once before, dsSeems Amavisd changed the behaviour (or did i miss some doc?).

*) final_*_destiny options are global setting, it cannot be defined as a per policy bank setting. So you cannot accomplish your goal with custom policy bank (or the existing 'ORIGINATING' policy bank). (maybe i'm wrong with new amavisd release.)

It's better ask in Amavisd mailing list to get support from Amavisd developers.

Ok, thank you for the fast reply (as always). I'll try Amavisd mailing list (I hate mailing lists sad ) and if I have any solution I'll post it here.

Cheers smile