Topic: Outbound mail delay report

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): AD 2012R2
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi Team,

I was just wondering if when an outbound mail is delayed in delivery if the sender gets a report after let`s say 12 hours for him/her to know the email in question is still not been delivered.

In the logs below, the reason the email is not being delivered is due to the fact of rdns but the user did not get a report saying his email was being delayed and that was a quote for work so user is not happy.

May 28 22:59:38 MAIL postfix/qmgr[1689]: 4A54711D889: from=<user1@domain.com>, size=14650, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May 28 22:59:38 MAIL postfix/smtp[21350]: 4A54711D889: host mx00.mail.com[X.X.X.X] refused to talk to me: 554-mail.com (mxgmxus001) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554-Bad DNS PTR resource record. 554 For explanation visit http://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-mess … amp;c=rdns
May 28 22:59:39 MAIL postfix/smtp[21350]: 4A54711D889: to=<customer@mail.com>, relay=mx01.mail.com[X.X.X.X]:25, delay=303126, delays=303125/0.05/0.85/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mx01.mail.com[X.X.X.X] refused to talk to me: 554-mail.com (mxgmxus008) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554-Bad DNS PTR resource record. 554 For explanation visit http://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-mess … mp;c=rdns)
May 28 23:07:31 MAIL clamd[944]: SelfCheck: Database status OK.

Can anyone advise asap please?

Raj

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Outbound mail delay report

Use Postfix parameter "delay_warning_time =".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi Zhang,

Is it just a matter of running the following in a terminal and restarting postfix :

postconf -e delay_warning_time = 4h

Cheers,

rajbps

rajbps wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi Zhang,

Is it just a matter of running the following in a terminal and restarting postfix :

postconf -e delay_warning_time = 4h

Cheers,

rajbps

The reason I am asking this is I checked the main.cf file before running postconf -e delay_warning_time = 4h and there was no entry about delay_warning_time. I did a postconf -d and there the entry was delay_warning_time = 0h The postfix doc suggest 0h is the default and means off. So ran the command postconf -e delay_warning_time = 4h which added the line in the main.cf file delay_warning_time = 4h now but postconf -d result is still showing delay_warning_time = 0h. I have restarted postfix with systemctl restart postfix and even rebooted the server but still after a full reboot postconf -d result still show delay_warning_time = 0h. So a bit confused why its not showing the updated value :-(
Cheers,

Rajbps

For more details, please check Postfix document:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … rning_time

saw my own error, have been issuong postconf -d should use postconf -n instead sorry :-)

Rajbps