Topic: Upload All emails from Outlook to iRedMail server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have iRedMail-0.9.6/Nginx/PostgreSQL on CentOS 7.

I have MS Office **Outlook 2016 MAC** version. **I want upload all emails** (received and sent even the 'spam') to my recently installed iRedMail on CentOS.
In the other side, I want to download all mail (received and sent even the 'spam') from before mentioned server to my MS Office **Outlook 2016 WIN** version.

**What settings I must to do in my Outlook clients (MAC & WIN versions) and the Server Mail to perform this operations?**

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upload All emails from Outlook to iRedMail server

You can try to convert Outlook PST mailbox to Maildir format, then copy to mail server.
FYI:

- https://serverfault.com/questions/26944 … r-to-a-pst

note: use it on your own, backup before you do any operation.

3 (edited by joseluisbz 2017-05-25 06:12:21)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can try to convert Outlook PST mailbox to Maildir format, then copy to mail server.
FYI:

- https://serverfault.com/questions/26944 … r-to-a-pst

note: use it on your own, backup before you do any operation.

The Outlook Mac version don't use pst file, instead use .OLM extension, the Outlook Win version doesn't recognize this type of file.

Try a quick Google search, although i didn't find a way to convert .OLM to maildir format directly, but seems easy to convert to .PST.

I have a thought ... here's what I did when I upgraded to CentOS7 on a new server from 6.7 and instead of moving my old iRedmail installation, i started from scratch on the new server.

On your iRedmail server, create your email account [your_new_account@iredmailserver.com] of course substituting the correct account and domain.

In Outlook (Mac) setup your_new_account@iredmailserver.com as IMAP. Then drag (move) or copy your mail from your existing email folders into the same folders for the new account. Let them sync. It might be prudent to try this with only one message first, in case there are problems (which there shouldn't be if your iRedmail install went well).

Log into the account using Roundcubemail to make sure the messages sync'ed properly.

In Outlook (Windows) set up the new account just like you did on your Mac. Use IMAP if you want to keep the messages on the server or POP3 if you want to keep messages only on your Windows computer.

I'm using Virtual Box, with three Virtual Machines:
1 for CentOS 7 (with the iRedmail)
1 for macOS Sierra (Outlook 2016 for Mac) uses naturally .olm file, but I can't export to .pst
1 for Windows 10 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) Working perfectly with the server.

Now I facing the "5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first" on my Outlook 2016 for Mac, I can't send a simple mail to my iredMail server (I have the .olm file in this application client).

iRedmail requires secure connections. Do you have your account setup like this?

http://cmgd.net/archive/2017-05-26.png

For outgoing server I'm using 587 port.

In MS Office 2016 (Win), Works perfectly, the messages are sent without problem without SSL, selecting TLS.

The problem is with MS Office 2016 Mac Sending Emails without SSL.
When SSL is not selected then I got "5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first", Error code -17099

I can send mail from Mac selecting SSL and "Authentication: Use Incoming Server Info".
Appears MS Office 2016 for Mac doesn't work with TLS.

Thank you... I will test your propose using IMAP and I comment.

Post's attachments

macOS MS Outlook 2016 for Mac Message Error.png 202.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

macOS MS Outlook 2016 for Mac With problem Sending_01.png 182.72 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

macOS MS Outlook 2016 for Mac Working Perfectly _01.png 154.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Working Perfectly TLS Outgoing.png 125.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

9 (edited by joseluisbz 2017-06-08 07:29:52)

Hi, I can Upload all email importing from .olm (Outlook for Mac) data file to iRedMail Server, using MS Outlook 2016 for MAC, Thank you!

But,  I can't download all email from iRedMail Server using MS Outlook 2016 for WIN, with POP3.!

I can Download all email from iRedMail Server and export to .pst using MS Outlook 2016 for WIN with IMAP!
Check the images!

Changing Mail To Keep Offline was the Key. By Default it's a 1 month, in my case only 12 months is enough!

Post's attachments

macOS IMAP Settings3.png
macOS IMAP Settings3.png 100.04 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

macOS MS Outlook 2016 Uploaded.png
macOS MS Outlook 2016 Uploaded.png 94.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Roundcube-Mail_Uploaded2.png
Roundcube-Mail_Uploaded2.png 166.03 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Windows IMAP Settings3.png
Windows IMAP Settings3.png 57.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Windows Outlook 2016 Downloaded.png
Windows Outlook 2016 Downloaded.png 44.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.