Topic: Roundcube Global Addressbooks Plugin - iRedMail MySQL / PgSQL

This Plugin allows you add a dynamic Address Book [or multiple] to your Roundcube Instance which will be filled with the users which are on the mail server, just like a Global Address Book, previously this was done with the Generic Global Address Book plugin and an SQL Command on a CRON Job, this only supported one Book easily and more would require a complex configuration and also wasting DB Space as each entry was Saved a second time, this just uses a read-only MySQL/PgSQL View and even supports User Level Aliases!

GitHub Link

This plugin requires you have root permissions on your MySQL/MariaDB/PgSQL Server, and that you create a MySQL/PgSQL View executing one of the SQL files shipped with the plugin.

If you have any questions or suggestions for this Plugin, either reply down below, email me, or create an 'Issue' thread on the GitHub page! Thanks for your interest!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube Global Addressbooks Plugin - iRedMail MySQL / PgSQL

7t3chguy wrote:

This Plugin allows you add a dynamic Address Book [or multiple] to your Roundcube Instance which will be filled with the users which are on the mail server, just like a Global Address Book, previously this was done with the Generic Global Address Book plugin and an SQL Command on a CRON Job, this only supported one Book easily and more would require a complex configuration and also wasting DB Space as each entry was Saved a second time, this just uses a read-only MySQL/PgSQL View and even supports User Level Aliases!

GitHub Link

This plugin requires you have root permissions on your MySQL/MariaDB/PgSQL Server, and that you create a MySQL/PgSQL View executing one of the SQL files shipped with the plugin.

If you have any questions or suggestions for this Plugin, either reply down below, email me, or create an 'Issue' thread on the GitHub page! Thanks for your interest!

So the only part of this I don't understand how to do is utilize the iredmail.my.sql file, Domain Address Book is showing on Roundcube but it is empty.  I know I'm missing a step, sorry for not knowing how to do it. something to do with create view in mysql right? Please advise

Luke6283 wrote:
7t3chguy wrote:

GitHub Link

So the only part of this I don't understand how to do is utilize the iredmail.my.sql file, Domain Address Book is showing on Roundcube but it is empty.  I know I'm missing a step, sorry for not knowing how to do it. something to do with create view in mysql right? Please advise

Does anybody know the answer to this? My only other option that I can see is to login to each account and upload a contact file, I'd like to avoid that if possible.

4 (edited by admin@tayra.ru 2017-05-15 17:14:02)

execute this on you server:

# mysql < iredmail.my.sql

It add the "global_addressbook" view in your SQL. Plugin use this view.

But I do not have any entries in the book. SQL query for this view work correctly, I see new address_book in my roundcube, but it empty. What's wrong?

I have empty address book too. Does anybody have solving?