- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, v2.6.0
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have the following problem:
I have an existing user e.g. john.doe@example.com. Whenever, i try to add this user through the alias page (iredadmin/aliases/example.com) in some alias, the page shows "Profile updated success." but the user is not added.
I am able to add the user in this alias, when i do it from his profile page.

This behavior started when i first added the user john@example.com and then added his alias john.doe@example.com. Then i deleted this user and added a new user john.doe@example and his alias john@example.com...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: existing user not added to alias

nikos.frangakis wrote:

I have an existing user e.g. john.doe@example.com. Whenever, i try to add this user through the alias page (iredadmin/aliases/example.com) in some alias, the page shows "Profile updated success." but the user is not added.
I am able to add the user in this alias, when i do it from his profile page.

Hi Nikos,

I don't quite understand this issue, could you please show me detailed step-by-step guide to reproduce this issue?

What do you mean "add this user through the alias page (iredadmin/aliases/example.com) in some alias"?

Hi Zhang,

i will try to be more detailed.

My issue is that i cannot add an email to the members of an alias, when being in the profile of the alias.
When i add his email in the "Add new members" text box and press "Save changes", the page refreshes saying "Profile updated success." but the email is not shown in the "Members" text box.

If i go directly to the profile of the user, i can tick the alias address from the "Member of Mail Aliases" box and when i press "Save Changes" it works.

Hi Nikos,

I cannot reproduce this issue with our online demo. could you please try to reproduce this issue there?
http://www.iredmail.org/admin_demo.html

If you cannot reproduce it, i'm afraid that i need direct ssh access to your server for debugging. Is it ok for you?

5 (edited by nikos.frangakis 2017-05-10 03:03:08)

Problem solved.

I did mess the database...

In the alias table, there was a missing record about the actual john.doe@example.com pointing to john.doe@example.com with is_alias=0

I added it and now it is working.

Sorry for the trouble...