Topic: Alternative to OwnCloud to integrate with SOGO?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I wonder if there's an easy way to integrate a (cloud) file storage similar to OwnCloud into SOGO? I know that one possible solution could be iredmail + openldap + OwnCloud + Roundcube but we really don't like Roundcube much and we're trying to avoid any config which includes Roundcube. SOGO webmail is really nice and clean and we'd like to use it instead. Any suggestions, guys?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alternative to OwnCloud to integrate with SOGO?

I saw your post in SOGo mailing list too:
https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users … 00030.html

I guess the best solution for you might be: use the preferred webmail software (e.g. SOGo), and use another program for file sharing (e.g. ownCloud/NextCloud/...) sometimes it's hard to ask a software team to integrate a third-part software, unless it's easy to integrate as plugin or extension.

Re: Alternative to OwnCloud to integrate with SOGO?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I saw your post in SOGo mailing list too:
https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users … 00030.html

I guess the best solution for you might be: use the preferred webmail software (e.g. SOGo), and use another program for file sharing (e.g. ownCloud/NextCloud/...) sometimes it's hard to ask a software team to integrate a third-part software, unless it's easy to integrate as plugin or extension.

Thanks for your speedy response. In fact my idea wasn't to code a new file sharing app from scratch. smile Exactly like you mentioned above - it's possible to use another existing software for that. Moreover - it can be virtually anything: NFS/SAMBA/ownCloud etc etc etc. I guess that would be a really nice feature to add. There isn't too much work I reckon as it's only necessary to add an icon to the top menu and after one clicks on it a file storage folder would open in the right pane. The're such thing as SSO that would require some tinkering but c'mon file sharing a nice feature and why not add it? I already mentioned Roundcube + ownCloud so why it's possible in Roundcube and not at all possible in SOGo?

I've also heard some mailservers allow to store files in a separate folder, for example Files (just like Inbox, Spam etc).

Just thinking out loud, sorry.