Topic: can't receive email

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 PGSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): pgsql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

HI,
new to mail administration software, I just installed iRedmail using the install script.
On my Ubuntu 16.04, I choose Apache and PostgreSQL as the web server and DB backend.

After installation I had to run the following lines to have the app accessible via web:

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
   iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
   iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
   iptables -F
   iptables -X

I'm now using the self-signed SSL certificate and key generated during the installation.
I tried using the certificate created in place of the self-signed, but I didn't manage to access the web page ...
so I switched back to the self-signed certificate.

I can now have access to the web apps: iRedmail, SOGo, Roundcube
I can send emails from my account (not just the admin, I added one more account)

But if I try to reply from my personal email address to an e-mail sent from the server (just for testing) the message is never received.

I don't know where to look for logs, to try to debug I sent an e-mail to myself using the same server address as sender and as the recipient. In this case, an error is displayed:

SMTP Error (454): Authentication failed.

Please let me know which log I should provide and if you need my configuration files.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: can't receive email

epifanio wrote:

After installation I had to run the following lines to have the app accessible via web:

iRedMail generates /etc/default/iptables and /etc/init.d/iptables to enable the firewall, you can check current rules with command "iptables -L -n". If it doesn't work for you, maybe you're not using the /etc/default/iptables rule file.

epifanio wrote:

But if I try to reply from my personal email address to an e-mail sent from the server (just for testing) the message is never received.

Do you have correct DNS records for your mail domain name? Check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/setup.dns.html