Topic: Logging connection

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  v0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Default added by IredAdmin Control Panel
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi all, I'm newby from iRedMail.
I'm trying to trace the connection log, because I have a client (the client is build from a software house) who try to send email but I can't understand why he can not.

With the command tail -f /var/log/mail.log the output is:
Apr 26 17:10:30 ppg-mail postfix/postscreen[2046]: CONNECT from [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:56321 to [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:25
Apr 26 17:10:30 ppg-mail postfix/postscreen[2046]: PREGREET 22 after 0.05 from [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:56321 :EHLO stc-b261d247dd5\r\n
Apr 26 17:12:10 ppg-mail postfix/postscreen[2046]: HANGUP after 100 from [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:56321 in tests after SMTP handshake
Apr 26 17:12:10 ppg-mail postfix/postscreen[2046]: DISCONNECT [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:56231

With the command tail -f /var/log/dovecot.log there isn't any trace about this connection.

I've already tested the connection with an Outlook client and all is ok, now I tryng to see wich is the problem with the client that my customer use.

thanks
Davide

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Logging connection

Update your software to send email through port 587 with TLS (or STARTTLS) secure connection.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Update your software to send email through port 587 with TLS (or STARTTLS) secure connection.

Unfortunately there's non way to update the software, I'm forced to use port 25 without SSL or TLS. The server will work in a intranet on the wan, not reached from outside.

Is there a way to understand with log what happen?

thanks

If it's possible to use a different port number, try this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/additional.smtp.port.html

If you cannot, you may have to disable postscreen service and disable TLS enforcement for port 25. This is insecure connection, you have been warned.