apache
mysql backend
standard (free) iredadmin

---

i noticed in my cron syslog:

"(/usr/bin/python) ERROR (getpwnam() failed)"

and received in email to root:

"
2017-04-05 00:00:02.547 sogo-tool[8375:8375] sogo-tool [-v|--verbose] [-h|--help] command [argument1] ...
  -v, --verbose    enable verbose mode
  -h, --help    display this help information

argument1, ...    arguments passed to the specified command

Available commands:
    backup              -- backup user folders
    checkup             -- checkup integrity of user(s) data)
    cleanup             -- cleanup deleted elements of user(s)
    create-folder       -- create folders for a user
    dump-defaults       -- Prints the sogod GNUstep domain configuration as a property list
    expire-sessions     -- Expires user sessions without activity for specified number of minutes
    manage-acl          -- manage user's ACL
    manage-eas          -- manage EAS folders
    remove              -- remove user data and settings from the db
    remove-doubles      -- remove duplicate contacts from the specified user addressbook
    rename-user         -- update records pertaining to a user after a change of user id
    restore             -- restore user folders
    truncate-calendar   -- remove old calendar entries from the specified user calendar
    update-autoreply    -- enable or disable auto reply for reached start/end dates
    user-preferences    -- set user defaults / settings in the database
"

i believe this may be related to sogo cron job:

0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

the sieve.cred file is owned by sogo and set to permissions: 0400

any idea what's up here?

the cred file was created using doveadm as noted in your doc to create the SSHA512 password hash.

one thing about your doc that wasn't 100% clear to me was to specify the dovecot admin user as, what I interpreted, a NON-EXISTENT (fake) email address name. is this correct? or does it need to be an actual existing account in my vmail db?

thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: possible errors with 'sogo-tool expire-autoreply'

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

SOGo changes the argument 'expire-autoreply' to 'update-autoreply'. It's mentioned in iRedMail upgrade tutorial.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

one thing about your doc that wasn't 100% clear to me was to specify the dovecot admin user as, what I interpreted, a NON-EXISTENT (fake) email address name. is this correct?

Correct. It's a fake email address.

Re: possible errors with 'sogo-tool expire-autoreply'

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fsantiago06111979 wrote:

SOGo changes the argument 'expire-autoreply' to 'update-autoreply'. It's mentioned in iRedMail upgrade tutorial.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

one thing about your doc that wasn't 100% clear to me was to specify the dovecot admin user as, what I interpreted, a NON-EXISTENT (fake) email address name. is this correct?

Correct. It's a fake email address.

ok fixed. thank you. i missed your upgrade doc, but following this doc:

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sogo-centos-6-mysql.html

it still states "expire-"

thanks again.