1 (edited by akanczugowski 2017-03-28 16:44:14)

Topic: Error while receiving emails

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have an installation involved 2 public servers A, and B.
On A server I have ScrollOut F1 installed which should pass mail to server B with iRedMail [Y.Y.Y.Y]
I constantly get this error while trying to send a message from another mail server [X.X.X.X]

Mar 28 10:13:25 antek postfix/postscreen[23443]: CONNECT from [X.X.X.X]:60315 to [Y.Y.Y.Y]:25
Mar 28 10:13:25 antek postfix/postscreen[23443]: PASS OLD [X.X.X.X]:60315
Mar 28 10:13:25 antek postfix/smtpd[23771]: connect from some.senderdomain.pl[X.X.X.X]
Mar 28 10:13:25 antek postfix/smtpd[23771]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from some.sender.server[X.X.X.X] 550 5.1.1 recipient@mydomain.pl: Recipient address rejected: undeliverable address: host Y.Y.Y.Y[Y.Y.Y.Y] said: 553 5.7.1 root@mydomain.pl: Sender address rejected: not logged in (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=user@senderdomain.pl to=user@mydomain.pl

Could someone please tell me how to make it work?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error while receiving emails

You have same domain on both servers?
Try to add setting below in /opt/iredapd/settings.py:

MYNETWORKS = ["xx.xx.xx.xx"]

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx by the real IP address of your ScrollOut F1, then restart iredapd service.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

actually MX record of the domain points at the ScrollOut F1 and iredmail server has no domain, just simply pass the traffic from ScrollOut F1 by IP

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx by the real IP address of your ScrollOut F1, then restart iredapd service.

You made my day :-) It works now, thank you!
Have additional question - I found settings.py in different path /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.1.8/libs/ and at the beginning of the file there is a note about libs/settings_local.py - can't find that. Can I simply create it in that location and would it be take into account with iredmail then?

akanczugowski wrote:

libs/settings_local.py

Isn't it "default_settings.py"? /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.1.8/libs/default_settings.py

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hey,

I'v got another installation of iRedmail and the same problem, but the solution doesn't work anymore.
Could you please give me a clue?

What's the error message? And what setting did you modify?

7 (edited by akanczugowski 2017-12-19 16:49:46)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's the error message? And what setting did you modify?

It's exactly the same:

<akanczugowski@mydomain>   (5.1.1 <akanczugowski@mydomain>: Recipient address rejected: undeliverable address: host irek.mydomain[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] said: 550 5.1.0 <root@mydomain>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO command)|5.1.1 For assistance, see http://mydomain or contact your administrator. Please provide the following information in your problem report: Time: (Dec 15 10:52:51)

It concerns different, fresh installation. The only differency is OS version - Centos 6.9
I created /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.1.8/libs/default_settings.py and type in only "MYNETWORKS= ["xx.xx.xx.xx"]"

I doesn't help, I still get above error message about Sender address rejected :-/

************************ EDIT ***************************

OK, today I got:

<akanczugowski@mydomain>   (5.1.1 <akanczugowski@mydomain>: Recipient address rejected: undeliverable address: host irek.mydomain[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] said: 553 5.7.1 <root@mydomain>: Sender address rejected: not logged in (in reply to RCPT TO command)

akanczugowski wrote:

I created /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.1.8/libs/default_settings.py and type in only "MYNETWORKS= ["xx.xx.xx.xx"]"

Read my first reply in this thread and find the correct config file you should update.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
akanczugowski wrote:

Read my first reply in this thread and find the correct config file you should update.

OK, sorry. I've created file /opt/iredapd/settings.py and write in "MYNETWORKS= ["xx.xx.xx.xx"]"
I did reload iredapd. Doesn't work. Still got the same error :-/

What's the error log now? "Sender address rejected: not logged in"?
Could you please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD and reproduce this issue again? we need the detailed log in /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log related to your testing email.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.iredapd.html