Topic: Customer Admin accidently set Mbox deletion date to never

===== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 MYSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:  unknown
==========

Customer Admin  deleted mailboxes but  selected never to be deleted option accidently. 

when I query the database vmail with the query select * from deleted_mailboxes;
The result comes back with a deletion date of 2117-03-03

If this deletion date is changed will it move the deletion time forward ?

or can I just delete the user directory and Maildir and remove the rows from the table?

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Customer Admin accidently set Mbox deletion date to never

jwmcgregor wrote:

or can I just delete the user directory and Maildir and remove the rows from the table?

YES.

The SQL table "deleted_mailboxes" is used to help track deleted mailboxes, but delete it or not (and when), it's totally up to you. The cron job which runs "tools/delete_mailboxes.py" (in iRedAdmin directory) will check the scheduled date and remove mailboxes, but you're free to delete them manually with tools like 'rm'.

Re: Customer Admin accidently set Mbox deletion date to never

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jwmcgregor wrote:

YES.

The SQL table "deleted_mailboxes" is used to help track deleted mailboxes, but delete it or not (and when), it's totally up to you. The cron job which runs "tools/delete_mailboxes.py" (in iRedAdmin directory) will check the scheduled date and remove mailboxes, but you're free to delete them manually with tools like 'rm'.

Thanks Zhang
I removed the entries from the table and deleted the mailboxes manually.
appreciate your advice.

Jim