Re: issue with installing to remote db

krich.al.vl wrote:
Wraptor wrote:

Dear krich, the posted config file contains all your passwords, for your own safety I would recommend you to edit this post and change everything with PASSWD= to xxx to ensure full safety of your data in case of a breach.

thanks) but there are just sample passwords)

Most of the time these passwords get into the final installation without you knowing. Things that get auto configured eg.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Wraptor wrote:
krich.al.vl wrote:
Wraptor wrote:

Dear krich, the posted config file contains all your passwords, for your own safety I would recommend you to edit this post and change everything with PASSWD= to xxx to ensure full safety of your data in case of a breach.

thanks) but there are just sample passwords)

Most of the time these passwords get into the final installation without you knowing. Things that get auto configured eg.

in any case i can't complete installation for now ;(

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please show me full content of "config" file, you can replace passwords by "..." .

Any thoughts?

Hi @krich.al.vl,

The "config" is just fine. But it works fine for me, i cannot understand why it doesn't work for you.
Please try one more installation like below:

USE_EXISTING_MYSQL='YES' MYSQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='db_ip' MYSQL_SERVER_PORT='3306' MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail' MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='admin_password' MYSQL_GRANT_HOST='iredmail_ip' bash -xv iRedMail.sh

Note: it adds '-xv' after 'bash', it will print MANY MANY debug log on console, please run command 'script' BEFORE above command, it will log all console output in a file.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @krich.al.vl,

The "config" is just fine. But it works fine for me, i cannot understand why it doesn't work for you.
Please try one more installation like below:

USE_EXISTING_MYSQL='YES' MYSQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='db_ip' MYSQL_SERVER_PORT='3306' MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail' MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='admin_password' MYSQL_GRANT_HOST='iredmail_ip' bash -xv iRedMail.sh

Note: it adds '-xv' after 'bash', it will print MANY MANY debug log on console, please run command 'script' BEFORE above command, it will log all console output in a file.

i think, a have found what was the problem. We are setting admin password through env variable MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD, but then, in setup wizard iredmail also asks admin password. All past times I have specified a random character set in the wizard, but I need to specify what we set in the variable. That is very confusing issue.

You MUST set same password for sql user 'admin_iredmail' in the setup wizard. And the wizard is asking you to input password for 'admin_iredmail', i guess you simply ignored it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You MUST set same password for sql user 'admin_iredmail' in the setup wizard. And the wizard is asking you to input password for 'admin_iredmail', i guess you simply ignored it.

yes, but for future, please skip page with entering admin password if it was set in env variable.

krich.al.vl wrote:

yes, but for future, please skip page with entering admin password if it was set in env variable.

Good catch, i will try to implement this.