- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I am doing SMTP auth to send emails from various applications. At some occassions, I prefer the FROM emails to appear to have come from noreply@mydomain.com. However, this email address does not currently exist. Therefore, iRedMail refuses to send those emails from the applications wherever I set noreply@mydomain.com as the email address - If I change this address to a real address that does exist then everything works OK.

So, how can I allow iRedMail to accept those emails even when a FROM address does not exist? I really don't want to create the noreply@ address as it defeats the purpose of how its intended to use (people should get a bounce back if an email gets directed to that address).

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending email FROM address that does not exist

What's the error message when you try to send as 'noreply@'?

/var/log/maillog shows the following:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from host.domain.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 550 5.1.0 <noreply@domain.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<noreply@domain.com> to=<recipient@domain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[127.0.0.1]>

I definitely don't want to create a mailbox to get around this problem. If I did create noreply@ mailbox or alias then it becomes a valid email address where people can try to respond back. Any other way to solve this problem?

purathal wrote:

I definitely don't want to create a mailbox to get around this problem. If I did create noreply@ mailbox or alias then it becomes a valid email address where people can try to respond back. Any other way to solve this problem?

It's VERY easy to solve this issue.

- Create mail user 'noreply@'
- Set value of SQL column "mailbox.enablelda" and "mailbox.enabledeliver" to 0 for this user with sql command line tool. With this change, no email will be delivered to user, and sender will get an error LIKE "recipient doesn't exist".

Note: i just realize iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't have options for these 2 services in user profile page under "Advanced" tab, will fix it immediately.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Note: i just realize iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't have options for these 2 services in user profile page under "Advanced" tab, will fix it immediately.

Forget about this, this option is present in iRedAdmin-Pro, in user profile page, tab "Advanced", option " Receiving mails for this account on mail server".

Thanks! It works with the above suggested option through iRedAmdin-Pro.