Topic: Safe way of roundcube upgrade

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu LTS 14.04 x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

Please advice - which is safe way of roundcube upgrade? Now i using roundcube 1.0.1, wish to upgrade to latest stable 1.0.3 with security updates?

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Safe way of roundcube upgrade

Reference: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Upgrade

3 (edited by myroundcube 2014-12-06 04:37:28)

This is how we did it for MySQL backend in an Ubuntu instance iRedMail 0.8.7; quite simple and effective:

1- Download latest 1.0.3
2- Uploload 1.0.3 to /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/ overwriting everything (configuration files and plugins are preserved)
3- Browse to /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/bin
4- Execute in terminal: $ php update.sh [Press Enter]
Question What version are you upgrading from? Type '?' if you don't know.
Answer: 1.0.1 [Press Enter]
Executing database schema update.
This instance of Roundcube is up-to-date.
Have fun!

All done!

I just upgraded Roundcubemail. Here are up-to-date instructions for anyone wishing to upgrade. Worked for me, let me know if anything breaks wink

1. Find where Roundcubemail is installed. I had a symlink in /opt/www/roundcubemail pointing to /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.2.0 http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locat … #roundcube
2. Download latest version
3. Unpack to a temporary directory
4. Check the "UPGRADING" file for current instructions. At version 1.2.4. it instructs to run an update script from the temporary folder: ./bin/installto.sh <TARGET-FOLDER> (where target is the old folder, in my case, /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.2.0)
5. Since the update script replaces files in the old folder, you are left with misleading version numbering in the folder name. To fix that, change the folder name and symlink.

baobab wrote:

5. Since the update script replaces files in the old folder, you are left with misleading version numbering in the folder name. To fix that, change the folder name and symlink.

if you keep the installation folder and symlink simply 'roundcubemail' it's much less confusing through the upgrade cycle, especially if you've upgraded several times. The current version will be in the CHANGELOG in the installation folder.