Topic: forwarding all sites from iRedMail via reverse proxy in apache

Hi,

I currently have 2 servers, 1 running with my web applications which is the server that the web ports 80 and 443 is forwarded to . I would like to do a reverse proxy which would enable me to access the iRedMail server via public internet. I am assuming I would need to disable all ssl connections for the webservices from the iRedMail server in order for the reverse proxy to connect to the iRedMail server websites. therefore I would hope someone would be able to help me show how to disable these and as well how to write the config file for reverse apache on the public facing server.

Thanks

Steve

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: forwarding all sites from iRedMail via reverse proxy in apache

How do you forward port 80/443 to web server?

Many network router/firewalls can do port mapping, this is what you're looking for. On Linux server, you can use iptables for this forwarding too.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. right now port 80/443 are forwarded to the virtual machine hosting our webserver on the www domain, the mail server is hosted on another virtual machine. I already have the subdomain registered as mail.domain.com.hk but I believe I need to do a reverse proxy from apache from the first virtual machine to forward the traffic from mail.domain.com.hk to the second virtual machine.

I'm a little confused, do you want to access just web applications on iRedMail server, or all mail services?

Hi,

The mail services e.g. smtp and imap are already mapped to the correct server and functions correctly. Right now the biggest issue is I am unable to connect to SOGo for exchange connectivity.

the set up I have right now is as follows:

internet ---> Router ---> webserver

I would need assistance to go from the webserver to SOGo via reverse proxy and do not know how to do that.

which means I would need:

Internet ---> Router ---> Webserver ---> iRedMail server (where webserver to iRedmail would need to be done through reverse proxy for SOGo)

Thanks

ActiveSync is based on https service. If your router supports proxy based on http url (like HAProxy), it should be easy.

Hi,

Would I be able to do it through apache?

Thanks

I didn't do this with Apache before, you should check its document to figure it out.