1 (edited by cedbiella 2017-01-18 21:32:45)

Topic: Shared - Public Mailbox

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.5-1 - IREDADMIN PRO v2.4.0 (PostgreSQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): APACHE
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, i've a question about shared mailbox or public mailbox.
We need account for some office like ufficio1,ufficio2,ufficio3,.....
Email to ufficio1 will be delivery to account1,account2,account3.
Account1 (2,3) should have the entire structure of ufficio1 in his account like this:

Account1
Inbox
Sent
Drafts
Junk
Shared/Public
---------------- Ufficio1
--------------------------Inbox
--------------------------Sent
--------------------------Drafts
--------------------------Junk

and so on .
Account1 can be able to send email from ufficio1.

Is that possible?
I make some test with shared and public but i can't send email from ufficio1 and i don't have the entire structure  of ufficio1.

May you help me?

Sorry for my english

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Shared - Public Mailbox

Did you try this:

*) Create a mail user used to store shared messages. Let's say it's share1@mydomain.com.
*) Send one email to share1@ first, to trigger Dovecot to create its mailbox on file system. Let's say its maildir path is: /var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/share1/Maildir/ (it contains full INBOX, also other folders like Sent, Drafts, Junk, ...).
*) Follow our tutorial to create a public folder: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/public.folder.html

Instead of creating a new directory for public folder, you should create a symbol link to share1@'s mailbox as public folder. This way once share1@ gets new email (or other changes like deleting email, etc), all users who have privilege to access this public folder will get update.

Above step is mentioned in above tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/public.fol … lic-folder

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

i've follow your suggestion but i obtain

root@server:~# doveadm acl set -A "Public/share1" "user=account1@mydomain.com" lookup read write write-seen write-deleted insert post delete expunge create

root@server:~#doveadm acl get -A "Public/share1"

account2@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
account3@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
account4@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
account5@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
account6@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
account7@mydomain.com         user=account1@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen

and the Public/Shared mailbox only have message of Inbox, no structure.
Where i'm wrong?

Thanks

You missed a note in our tutorial:

There are no cur/, new/ or tmp/ directories directly under the /var/mail/public/ folder, because the Public/ namespace isn't a mailbox itself. If you create them manually, it does become a selectable mailbox.

rwx------ 5 vmail vmail 4096 gen 18 09:05 .
drwx------ 7 vmail vmail 4096 gen 13 11:53 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    52 gen 17 16:07 .shared1 -> /var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/shared1/Maildir
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    56 gen 10 14:33 .shared2 -> /var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/shared2/Maildir
drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 gen 18 09:05 cur
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail   21 gen 17 16:07 dovecot-acl-list
drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 gen 18 09:05 new
drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 gen 18 09:05 tmp

This is my situation and i still have no structure in Thunderbird under account1---Public----shared1 and no structure in Sogo.

Thanks

I can achieve the sharing as mentioned in your first post with shared folder.

Here's a simple way to achieve it:

*) Create user "Ufficio1" (the one you mentioned in first post)
*) Login to SOGo as "Ufficio1".
*) Click the folder you want to share, there's a 3-dot menu at the right side of folder name. Click it, then choose 'Sharing'. Choose "Any authenticated User", then click the privileges you want to grant.

if you need to share multiple folders, just repeat above steps with different folders.

I need to warn you that SOGo has some problem with this sharing, check the issue i reported to SOGo team at July 26, 2016 below, help me to push SOGo team to fix it:
https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3780

If you have Roundcube, you can enable its plugin "acl", then login to Roundcube, go to "Settings -> Folders", click the folder and set sharing privileges. It works fine.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Click the folder you want to share, there's a 3-dot menu at the right side of folder name. Click it, then choose 'Sharing'. Choose "Any authenticated User", then click the privileges you want to grant.

I want to share entire mailbox with the possibility of sending mail from ufficio1.

I should think that is not possibile? ...

You have to share all folders in the mailbox manually. If you add new folder, share it manually.

Even if i'll do ( but it's frustating) i cannot send email from share1......

Have you plain to improve this in next version of IredAdminPro ?

I have no good idea right now. sorry.
But what do you mean you cannot send email from "share1"? Isn't it one of your mail user?

Yes, share1 is one of my mail user.
If i share all its folder with utente1, utente1 cannot send a mail from share1.

The dropbox <from> in email client or SOGo has not "share1" only "utente1".

Cannot login as "share1" to send email?

My company want that share1 is own from IT and user cannot log in.

I have the exact same issue...

root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# mkdir .Test
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# chown -R vmail:vmail .Test/
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# chmod -R 0700 .Test/
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# doveadm acl get -A "Public/Test"
Username ID Global Rights
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# doveadm acl set -A "Public/Test" "user=postmaster@mydomain.com" lookup read write write-seen write-deleted insert delete expunge create
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public# doveadm acl get -A "Public/Test"
Username                              ID                                       Global Rights
postmaster@mydomain.com   user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
test@mydomain.com         user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
billy@mydomain.com        user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
rondaarchive@mydomain.com user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
adobe@mydomain.com        user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
theodosis@mydomain.com    user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
redfish@mydomain.com      user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
redchilly@mydomain.com    user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
fotis@mydomain.com        user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
redwine@mydomain.com      user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
marc@mydomain.com         user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
reception@mydomain.com    user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
redpepper@mydomain.com    user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
ronda@mydomain.com        user=postmaster@mydomain.com        create delete expunge insert lookup read write write-deleted write-seen
root@iredmail:/mnt/mailstore/public#

this is quite confusing... what is the username and what is the id?

also thunderbird and sogo do not show the folder and thunderbird subscribe waits forever without giving me any folders...

I'm trying to create three folders inside public. postmaster should have full access to all of them.
and then I want to add two more users with read permissions...

Any help?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Cannot login as "share1" to send email?

I believe that cedbiella is refering to SendAs or SendOnBehalf...