Re: iRedMail-0.9.6 has been released

nemp wrote:

After update to 0.9.6 , when user's send *.JPG in attach have sometime this messages.

Banned name: .image,.jpg,IMG_4902.JPG
Content type: Banned
Internal reference code for the message is 24946-04/QjKhcbyVOC6d

The message WAS NOT relayed to:
<some_local_user@****************>:
   554 5.7.0 Bounce, id=24946-04 - BANNED: .image,.jpg,IMG_4902.JPG

If you added

$banned_namepath_re = new_RE(
    [qr'T=(rar|arc|arj|zoo|gz|bz2)(,|\t)'xmi => 'DISCARD'],     # Compressed file types

and have a rar-, arc- or gz-archive containing a jpg image you get this message.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
James86 wrote:

Hey, I installed 0.9.6 today on Centos 7 but MySQL allows root user to login without a password. I'm not sure how to fix this. Does anyone know how?

We store MySQL root password in file /root/.my.cnf, that's why it doesn't require a password. This file is also used by backup script (/var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh).

do we have to update the backup script to use this file?

28 (edited by Lexa83 2017-02-24 00:32:02)

Luke6283 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
James86 wrote:

Hey, I installed 0.9.6 today on Centos 7 but MySQL allows root user to login without a password. I'm not sure how to fix this. Does anyone know how?

We store MySQL root password in file /root/.my.cnf, that's why it doesn't require a password. This file is also used by backup script (/var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh).

I did try to update the script using the changes I found on bitbucket. but when i manually run the backupscript it still tells me the user or pass is incorrect in the backupscript.

Luke6283 wrote:

It's not necessary. But if you want, you can download the latest backup script from iRedMail repository:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … ail/tools/

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Luke6283 wrote:

It's not necessary. But if you want, you can download the latest backup script from iRedMail repository:

What permissions does the backup script need to have, copied to the server it had permissions for "my user" should I make it root or iredmail??

Luke6283 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Luke6283 wrote:

What permissions does the backup script need to have, copied to the server it had permissions for "my user" should I make it root or iredmail??

Also per the instructions in the backup.sh I added "1   4   *   *   *  bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh" to crontab

should I remove the different looking one that was already in the crontab "30   3   *   *   *  /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh" ??

Luke6283 wrote:

should I remove the different looking one that was already in the crontab "30   3   *   *   *  /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh" ??

Not necessary.
The purpose of this task is daily backup, you're free to pick up the preferred time to run this task. So "30 3 ..." (3:30AM) is ok.

Hello.
Fresh install 0.9.6 centos7.
Little bug in /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
php_value[session.save_path] = /var/lib/php/session ->
php_value[session.save_path] = /var/lib/php/sessions.
Or remove it totally.
Thank you.

Hello. How can one install postfixadmin? There was a link in the wiki (http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … QL.Backend) but now it's gone. Thank you.

ilia wrote:

Or remove it totally.

Why is it a bug? we created /var/lib/php/sessions with proper owner and permissions.
This directory is used to use same directory on all supported linux/bsd distributions.

ngeo.adrian wrote:

How can one install postfixadmin?

You have to do it yourself.
We have a lot SQL structure differences with PostfixAdmin, so it's not recommended to use it to manage iRedMail server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ilia wrote:

Or remove it totally.

Why is it a bug? we created /var/lib/php/sessions with proper owner and permissions.
This directory is used to use same directory on all supported linux/bsd distributions.

In my /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf I had had "php_value[session.save_path] = /var/lib/php/session"
without trailing "s".

ilia wrote:

Fresh install 0.9.6 centos7.

Fixed moment ago:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … 9416ca553b

Thanks for the feedback. smile

Upgrading from 0.9.5-1, few notes:
- in Apache2 mod_headers might need to be enabled (a2enmod headers) in order for RequestHeader unset Proxy early to work, it wasn't in my setup, which is why restarting Apache2 failed, should be added to upgrade guide
- http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … in-postfix - 0.9.6 release actually contains incorrect line in corresponding file, also in my setup (initially 0.8.7) I don't have such line at all, maybe suggest to replace with file from newer release altogether?

nazar-pc wrote:

Upgrading from 0.9.5-1, few notes:
- in Apache2 mod_headers might need to be enabled (a2enmod headers) in order for RequestHeader unset Proxy early to work, it wasn't in my setup, which is why restarting Apache2 failed, should be added to upgrade guide

Updated doc.

nazar-pc wrote:

- http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … in-postfix - 0.9.6 release actually contains incorrect line in corresponding file, also in my setup (initially 0.8.7) I don't have such line at all, maybe suggest to replace with file from newer release altogether?

If no such file, please ignore it.

41 (edited by ice8 2017-05-11 20:15:29)

Just reinstalled 0.9.6 on Ubuntu 16.04.2. I can receive mails but not send using Thunderbird with same settings (Port 587 normal password STARTTLS). This is the message received:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Unable to establish a secure link with Outgoing server (SMTP) vertechs-llc.com using STARTTLS since it doesn't advertise that feature. Switch off STARTTLS for that server or contact your service provider.

In roundcube, I get this message:
SMTP Error (454): Authentication failed.

Ideas?
UPDATE/SOLVED: Discovered that I entered incorrect directory values while configuring postfix - /etc/ssl vs /etc/pki/tls

There's a new version of roundcube (1.2.5) with a security patch. It was released already in April 2017.

We're going to release iRedMail-0.9.7 soon.

Hello Zhang,

I'm a little late but I just updated to 0.9.6 from 0.9.5-1 today on my debian system.

In the upgrade page it says that if you have sogo installed, which i do, i should edit the file "memcached.conf".

I searched on all the server but there is no file or directory named "memcached".

Can you tell me if this is normal please?

TIA smile

Neutro wrote:

I searched on all the server but there is no file or directory named "memcached".

Run 'rpm -ql memcached' on CentOS or 'dpkg -L memcached' on Debian/Ubuntu to figure it out. (if you're running other Linux/BSD, try to similar commands.)

46 (edited by Neutro 2017-06-04 23:06:24)

# dpkg -L memcached
dpkg-query: package 'memcached' is not installed
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

Does this mean i missed something when I upgraded some time ago?

SOGo uses memcached as a cache server, and iRedMail installs it during iRedMail installation. Maybe your upgrade mistakenly removed it.

You can install it manually.

Well that's strange. I always followed the upgrade instructions to the letter and i have no problems with SOGo on my server. Well i'm never using the web interface for SOGo, i only use it for activesync with outlook clients.

Maybe that's why i never had problems despite memcached is not installed.

Do you think I should install it manually despite everything seems to be working fine? If so, is there a way to link SOGo to memcached once it's installed?

Thanks again for your help smile

SOGo uses Memcached as cache server, if it works fine without cache for you, then it's ok to keep current state. If you feel SOGo is slow, install memcached and enable it in SOGo.