1 (edited by bjorntp 2017-02-19 04:28:58)

Topic: iRedMail installation broke plex and teamspeak server

iRedMail 0.9.6
Ubuntu Server 16.04.2
MySQL
Apache2

I missed that there was a warning about only installing iRedMail on fresh builds.
However, since installing iRedMail noone can enter my Teamspeak server and I'm unable to find the plex server. I know the recommended thing to do is to reinstall the OS all together but I'm not able to do that at the moment. I can still access the server with SSH.

If anyone knows what iRedMail have touched that caused this issue feel free to come with suggestions.

Thank you :)

EDIT: I didn't have any software that iRedMail installed before except for MySQL and Apache2 which is working fine for me.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail installation broke plex and teamspeak server

Didn't use Teamspeak before. Please show us the error you got in Teamspeak, so that we can help troubleshoot.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Didn't use Teamspeak before. Please show us the error you got in Teamspeak, so that we can help troubleshoot.

I'm not sure if there's really any error to show. The server starts as usual and the processes looks fine but for some reason people can't connect to it as they've been able to for a long time.

Same with plex.

bjorntp wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm not sure if there's really any error to show. The server starts as usual and the processes looks fine but for some reason people can't connect to it as they've been able to for a long time.

Same with plex.

I think that iRedMail installer sets custom firewall rules using UFW on Ubuntu and Debian systems.

Can you run the command "ufw status" and paste the output here please?

iRedMail doesn't use ufw, but /etc/init.d/iptables (the sysv script) and /etc/default/iptables (the rules).

Ok, if anyone else would run into a similar problem. Configuring the iptables to accept by default solved the problem.

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT 
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

iptables -F INPUT
iptables -F OUTPUT 
iptables -F FORWARD

If you need to open network ports for Teamspeak, please update /etc/default/iptables, then restart iptables service.