1 (edited by pasaisea 2017-02-23 09:11:10)

Topic: Can't Disable plain/insecure IMAP/POP/SMTP ports

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 15.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, Free Opensource
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello, iredmail mail server that i'm currently running is actually working fine, except one problem, all this time i've been using unsecure ports to send email. everytime I changed the setting in Postfix main.cf from no to smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes I can't send any emails. What to do ? Is this has anything to do with wrong certificate setting? Sorry for my noob question. Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't Disable plain/insecure IMAP/POP/SMTP ports

pasaisea wrote:

all this time i've been using unsecure ports to send email.

What's your current smtp setting on MUA?

With "smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes", TLS secure connection is required to send email through port 25.

3 (edited by pasaisea 2017-02-23 16:10:55)

I'm so sorry if I'm confusing, because I'm confused too. I have both port 587 and port 25 open. I'm using a combination of webmail and foxmail software.

In rainloop webmail, i have set the parameter as :

IMAP:
server: mydomain.com
port: 143
Secure: STARTTLS

SMTP:
server: mydomain.com
port: 587
Secure: STARTTLS

In Foxmail Windows Software pretty much the same as above. But in Iphone, only can use to send mail with port 25.

Sooo, turns out that if smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes was ON that every MUA that used port 587 cant send any emails

Sorry for my noob question

pasaisea wrote:

But in Iphone, only can use to send mail with port 25.

iPhone supports port 587 with TLS support.

pasaisea wrote:

Sooo, turns out that if smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes was ON that every MUA that used port 587 cant send any emails

This doesn't make sense. because you already have some MUAs working with port 587.

If you add "smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes", it only affects port 25 with default iRedMail settings.