==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

New CentOS 7 server setup with clean install of iRedmail 0.9.5 (since updated 0.9.5.1>0.9.6). AWStats has never worked properly. When trying to log in using the credentials from the initial setup sent to me in the email titled "Subject: Details of this iRedMail installation" it will not authenticate. After changing valid-user to all granted in awstats.conf, I can see the awstats pages, but there is no data -- everything is zero's.

I would also add that any of the .png files in the www.mydomain.com/awstatats/icons/ path do not display.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: AWStats does not have any data

Do you have hourly cron job to update the statistics?

I have the following cron jobs:

# iRedMail: update Awstats statistics for web
1   */1   *   *   *   /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=web -update >/dev/null

# iRedMail: update Awstats statistics for smtp
1   */1   *   *   *   /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=smtp -update >/dev/null

This was from the default installation.

Any error if you run them manually?

5 (edited by gargoyle_ir 2017-02-15 00:48:11)

A bit of a "DUH!" moment here.

Ran the cron job manually and got

Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.web.conf" by AWStats version 7.4 (build 20150714)
From data in log file "/var/log/httpd/access_log"...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Direct access to last remembered record is out of file.
So searching it from beginning of log file...
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 0
 Found 0 dropped records,
 Found 0 comments,
 Found 0 blank records,
 Found 0 corrupted records,
 Found 0 old records,
 Found 0 new qualified records.

I realized that after setting up the defaults during the iRedmail installation I had configured virtual hosts in Apache and pointed to individual log files for each host. Naturally the default access_log would stay empty. After pointing awstats.web.conf to the correct log file, I ran the cron jobs again and it found the records.

Unfortunately, my original problem still remains. If I have the config.d file for awstats set with Require valid-user, it won't accept my credentials, but if I change it to grant all i can see awstats but there is still no data.

gargoyle_ir wrote:

Unfortunately, my original problem still remains. If I have the config.d file for awstats set with Require valid-user, it won't accept my credentials, but if I change it to grant all i can see awstats but there is still no data.

"require all grant" is available in Apache 2.4, "Require valid-user" for Apache 2.2 and earlier versions.

Again, the data is generated by cron, if no data, check cron task and related awstats config file again.

Data now displaying and icons showing properly after tweaking the awstats.conf (See below). From what I found in the Apache 2.4 documentation Require valid-user is still proper syntax.

#
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"

DBDriver mysql
# Important note: use 'pass=' for MySQL, 'password=' for PostgreSQL.
DBDParams "host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 dbname=vmail user=vmail pass=[redacted]"

<Directory /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/>
    DirectoryIndex awstats.pl
    Options ExecCGI

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Authentication required"
    AuthBasicProvider dbd
    AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = %s AND isglobaladmin=1 LIMIT 1"

Require valid-user
    # Require all granted
</Directory>

If I uncomment Require all granted, I get no prompt for authorization. It is pretty much open to the world. If I leave it as shown I am prompted for a username and password but the credentials for the global admin don't work. I have verified the postmaster@server.domain.com is a valid account and the password works.

gargoyle_ir wrote:

If I uncomment Require all granted, I get no prompt for authorization.

Did you use both "require valid-user" and "require all granted"? You must enable one and disable the other.

I only use one or the other, but not both.

I think I've found the problem. The password in vmail is stored as {SSHA} and from what I read Apache doesn't support it.

That did not fix the issue.

To test this I created a temporary global admin account and tried to log in. Login failed. I then changed the password to {PLAIN} and verified password was correct by logging into Roundcube. Tried awstats login and again failed. I then removed the isglobaladmin requirement from awstats.conf like this:

DBDriver mysql
# Important note: use 'pass=' for MySQL, 'password=' for PostgreSQL.
DBDParams "host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 dbname=vmail user=vmail pass=[redacted]"

<Directory /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/>
    DirectoryIndex awstats.pl
    Options ExecCGI

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Authentication required"
    AuthBasicProvider dbd
    AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = %s"

Require valid-user
    # Require all granted
</Directory>

And then restarted httpd service. Still failed. If i set Require all granted and comment out valid-user, then I (or anyone else) can see awstats without authentication. FWIW, Awstats is now updating correctly.

What am I missing?

gargoyle_ir wrote:

I then changed the password to {PLAIN} and verified password was correct by logging into Roundcube.

Please use a salted MD5 password for the account you want to login to Awstats. Because Apache basic auth doesn't support some other password hashes.

Perfect. All working now.

Bought you a whole pot of coffee. wink

Thanks for the coffee. smile