Topic: iRedAPD & E-mail filtering for Domain Not Found

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,
CentOS 6x with mySQL and iRedAdmin Pro running latest release of everything including iRedAPD. 

My understanding is iRedAPD is the filter point and inserting into Global or Client based white and blacklists will block/permit mail.  Is that correct?

In this case, we have some e-mail coming form what appears to be custom applications and/or support systems not using valid domain name.  Does iRedAdmin-Pro have the ability in the interface to allow the permitted addresses into the system?  If so, where? If not, how would one achieve this? 

Example:
    some_account@@batchproc01.dfw.3mhis.vm
    Error: 450 4.1.8 some_account@@batchproc01.dfw.3mhis.vm Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=some_account@@batchproc01.dfw.3mhis.vm to=<***SOME_ADDRESS***> proto=ESMTP helo=.......

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAPD & E-mail filtering for Domain Not Found

pbf343 wrote:

Domain not found

Try adding these domain names in /etc/hosts and /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pbf343 wrote:

Domain not found

Try adding these domain names in /etc/hosts and /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts.

Thank you.  Is it possible to achieve by only adding to:
    /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts.

I'm guessing not since you said "and" in your reply and I suspect this serves to override a DNS query.  Is the guess correct?

When doing the entry, what options exist for syntax in the sense that is can be the domain, sub-domain or isolated e-mail address?

Thank you.

I suggest try to update the 'hosts' files first.