Topic: Smtp Relay Host required? how do I use one that needs authentication?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
iredmail 0.9.6
linux cent os 7
mysql
apache
not admin pro

Hi, I've just come from sbs2011 world where smtp replay was required and we had to authenticate to send out we use mailjet. our emails seem to go which one one point confuses me but of course thats great news... we have spf setup with mail jet and I'm worried about some emails not arriving to people with iredmail - am I worrying over nothing?

how do I setup for the mail to go through a smtp relay (I know theres documentation about sql with the smtp relay host) but it doesn't cover one that requires authentication and I cant for love or money find any docs on this...

It seems the pro edition from the test doesn't allow authenticated smtp relay either?

Sorry if this is a beginners question I look forward to hearing your responses..

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Smtp Relay Host required? how do I use one that needs authentication?

Try this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/relayhost.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/relayhost.html

Hi,

I've looked through this tutorial already, the mail relay part of mine shows this I know the settings used to go in the /etc/postfix/main.cf file then hash your authentication password but mine says this

relay_domains =
    $mydestination
    proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/relay_domains.cf

so I then followed the example and added this line into the sql not sure if it worked or not - it didn't error but the mail isn't going through mail jet and how do I put a user name and password for authentication into this?

sql> USE vmail; sql> INSERT INTO sender_relayhost (account, relayhost) VALUES (‘@my-domain-name.co.uk', '[in-v3.mailjet.com]:587');

Or do I simply add these missing lines below into the config file and # out relay_domain=

relayhost = [relay_server]:25
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_password
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = login
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous

Thanks again for your time!

*) Simply ADD parameters mentioned in our tutorial.
*) Our tutorial doesn't mention parameter "relay_domains" AT ALL, why do you think it's involved in this case?

r.crellin wrote:

how do I put a user name and password for authentication into this?
sql> USE vmail; sql> INSERT INTO sender_relayhost (account, relayhost) VALUES (‘@my-domain-name.co.uk', '[in-v3.mailjet.com]:587');

This is sender dependent relay. Do you really need it?
The Postfix parameters mentioned in our tutorial are used for server-wide relay. I suppose it's enough for you?