Topic: Second domain being reported as spam from same server

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
====

Dear all,

Sorry if this question is a bit newbie but I'm a little out of my depth and I would really appreciate some help. I have set up an email server running on one domain and everything is working fine. However, I now want to add another domain to run on the same server (something@doman1 and something@domain2). However, the issue is that all email from domain2 are marked as spam by gmail filters, which for me is a problem as I mostly send mail to gmail users.

I have attached images of how the records are managed, which I think may be the cause for the error.

I haven't touched any of the mail server's configurations apart from adding the new domain in the iRedAdmin panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks smile

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 21.05.33.png 169.92 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 21.05.52.png 223.86 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Second domain being reported as spam from same server

First fix you can try: Use A record for mail.<domain2>, not CNAME. because MX record must not point to any CNAME record. (note: it doesn't mean this fix will fix your spam issue, but we should fix it first and see whether it works.)

FYI:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_record (search "CNAME"
- https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321 (search "The prohibition on labels in the data that resolve to CNAMEs is")

Ok I deleted the CNAME record and added an A record that points mail.<domain2> to mail.<domain1>

However it still seems that the emails are being placed in spam.

Thanks for the quick reply! smile

Did you find any useful info from the mail header in gmail mailbox?

5 (edited by giu989 2017-01-20 05:20:54)

Everything seemed OK!

However I'm no expert so I've added the file just incase.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 21.04.27.png 390.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

the header doesn't contain useful info. but seems the email was not signed with DKIM signature?

Note: Gmail is like a black box to us, we don't know how it detects spam. so cannot help much in this case.

Yes the DKIM was not working properly sorry, I've fixed that now (Gmail says that the email is signed and both SPF and DKIM pass) but it's still flagged as spam sad

I've only just realised that my domain is quite similar to a large organisation that I didn't know existed. Is there a chance that gmail is flagging it as spam because of this?

As mentioned in previous email, Gmail is like black box to us, we don't know why it flags one email as spam.

Try this: Register your mail domain in Google Postmaster Tools.
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/setup.dns. … ster-tools