==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): SQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I have an issue where gmail accounts routinely get caught in my DNSBL sorbs.net filtering.  I remember something about Zhang saying that he gave up trying to handle that and whitelisted the major Mail service providers. Where is that? How do I do that?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Whitelist Gmail/Google.com inbound email

iRedMail will bypasses greylisting for Gmail servers, but if you have DNSBL services enabled, Postfix will check the sender IP against DNSBL servers also.

Possible solutions:

*) Disable sorbs.net.
*) Query SPF record of gmail.com to get full list of gmail servers, then whitelist them all in postscreen service.

Zhang, thanks, my gmail is greylisting as I have not upgraded to the most recent version. Is there something I can do to stop gmail from greylisting without upgrading?

How do I use the 'post screen service'?

jpforte wrote:

Zhang, thanks, my gmail is greylisting as I have not upgraded to the most recent version. Is there something I can do to stop gmail from greylisting without upgrading?

Check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/manage.iredapd.html

jpforte wrote:

How do I use the 'post screen service'?

If you don't have postscreen service enabled, they you're working on wrong direction. The problem is DNSBL sorbs.net, it cannot correctly handle gmail servers.

Zhang,

Thank you for that clarification. Looks like I have a really old version of iredapd as it is not doing WB listing. I disabled SORBS, I guess he task of upgrading is required.

This is a off topic BUT I have my email running on CENTOS 6 and want to move to CentOS7, would the best course of action be to use the migration documentation or is there a better way?

Jim

For upgrading CentOS, you should follow CentOS official upgrade tutorial, iRedMail upgrade tutorial doesn't cover OS upgrade.

It's a good idea to setup a new iRedMail on CentOS 6 in virtual machine, then upgrade it to CentOS 7 for practice.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

For upgrading CentOS, you should follow CentOS official upgrade tutorial, iRedMail upgrade tutorial doesn't cover OS upgrade.

It's a good idea to setup a new iRedMail on CentOS 6 in virtual machine, then upgrade it to CentOS 7 for practice.

Yes I understand that. I did not say that whenever I upgrade to send CentOS7I just start with a fresh clean new install. So I will do a fresh clean install on centOS 7