Topic: iRedMail not configuring database.

I'm trying to install a iRed server but its not configuring my database. It seems to want to log in through root from the variables i looked at in the connection settings, but root needs a password to connect. What can i do to allow it to connect properly?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail not configuring database.

Seems there's something wrong of your iRedMail installation. Did you see any error on console while installing iRedMail? Also, any error in file "runtime/install.log" under your iRedMail-0.9.5-1 directory?

There was no errors with instalation. Worked fine, however it never asked for database connection information such as user, password, host, or even table to connect to. From looking into the configuration file it looks like it wants to connect to root with out a password, which is not what i want it to do. I need it to connect with a passoword to a user that can read and write data.

Also it installs a seperate page and robot data sheets in the root page, which is also not what i want as I'm trying to set it up as a module for my website that i want to plug in. Some direction would be great to know where to add the connection data, and or how to install it better. Worst case senario i could send a video i fraps of how I'm installing it and how i want it installed.

I also have rewrite on apache2 set up to work with elgg so it should not need to do anything special as far as i know.

Did your server have MySQL service running BEFORE installing iRedMail?

As clearly mentioned in iRedMail installation tutorial, iRedMail requires a fresh/clean server OS.

Yes this is a fresh server with the lamp stack installed. PHP7, MySQL, apache2. MySQL as I said before works great with elgg and I've had no problems with it after setting it up.

As i said before, its expecting in the configuration file for the connection information for root to be the user thats needed to connect with out a password, and I don't want to do that for security reasons. The issue is that it doesn't ask on set up about what user it needs to connect too and with what password.

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.

So, please use a fresh/clean server os WITHOUT LMAP for iRedMail. You're free to install/configure extra softwares AFTER iRedMail installation.

Hmm well i already have a service i dont' really want messed with so I may have to use this on another server then. Thanks for the info!