==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL 9.2
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm looking to migrate from a server running 0.9.2 without SOGo to a 0.9.5-1 that is running it and transferring the current mailboxes across, but keeping the same database to maintain users (it's on another server).

As the users won't exist in the SOGo db, will I have to recreate them in the iRedAdmin and then all their emails will just appear or should I create them in the local db first (comes with iRedMail) and then migrate the DB into the remote one?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating mailboxes to SOGo

Rudigern wrote:

As the users won't exist in the SOGo db, will I have to recreate them in the iRedAdmin and then all their emails will just appear or should I create them in the local db first (comes with iRedMail) and then migrate the DB into the remote one?

In iRedMail, mail accounts are stored in "vmail" sql database, SOGo database has a SQL VIEW (`sogo.users`) to query mail accounts stored in "vmail". So you don't need to worry about SOGo database (just use the one generated by iRedMail).