==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NginX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====

I'm trying to set up email signatures (via altermime disclaimer). Everything is working perfectly (altermime sends out the correct text / html email based on the Content-Type).

The problem is, many mail clients (The default Mac Mail included) prefer to send out plain-text emails when there is no HTML in the email.

As you might expect; this doesn't work very well for HTML-based signatures.

Does anyone know of a way to force HTML emails (i.e. change plain-text to html if no html exists) on the server side?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Force HTML email(s) - altermime disclaimer

Update Amavisd config file, parameter "@altermime_args_disclaimer", specify a plain text edition of the signature. for example:

@altermime_args_disclaimer = qw(--disclaimer=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.txt --disclaimer-html=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.html --force-for-bad-html);

This is what I have. The HTML isn't rendered if the email is sent in a plain text format. It just comes through as text:

I.e it appears as: <table>...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Update Amavisd config file, parameter "@altermime_args_disclaimer", specify a plain text edition of the signature. for example:

@altermime_args_disclaimer = qw(--disclaimer=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.txt --disclaimer-html=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.html --force-for-bad-html);

4 (edited by Corey 2016-11-28 14:39:01)

Was on my phone before - sorry - anyways, what I am trying to do is always force the HTML portion of the signature / disclaimer.

If a person sends a plain/text email, the email won't render any HTML in the disclaimer.

Mac Mail and a few other mail clients send plain/text by default (unless you use HTML in the email - i.e. bolding some text).

Basically if a plain/text email is sent from the client, is there any way to also force a text/html portion on the server side? (So altermime will send the correct HTML signature).

Converting plain text to HTML email? You must have a mature program to do this job and avoid invalid MIME format.

I think you should insert plain text signature into plain text email instead.