Topic: how do I access mysql after setup?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

When I try to access the mysql for root I get access denied when trying to access it.  Whats the correct password for this because this system I just installed openssh server then I downloaded iredmail setup then I ran bash iRedMail.sh to setup iredmail it didnt ask me any passwords for mysql and I know it generates random password but I cant get the passwords to work under /root/iRedMail-0.9.5-1/iRedMail.tips

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how do I access mysql after setup?

You mean the one in iRedMail.tips is incorrect? Did you see any error on ssh console during iRedMail installation? Does it work if you access mysql without a password?

I know this might be an iRedMail issue/error, but if it's urgent, please try to reset mysql root password, you can find many documents with Google to show you how to reset it.

on the iredmail.tips what kind of password is it like md5 crypt or what? Plus I have tried to reset the mysql password with no password I keep getting I get access denied when trying to access it.

Tim

nwohiobb wrote:

on the iredmail.tips what kind of password is it like md5 crypt or what?

It's plain password but looks LIKE MD5.