Topic: SOGo missing table, Weird behavior

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

After upgrading Ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.04, SOGo has been acting weird.

First, the log in page changed (no css?) as it now looks like the attached file (sogo.png) - notice the spinning wheel at the bottom left.
Filling in login info and clicking connect does nothing.

-A cron job that runs every minute, sends mail to postmaster everyminute, filling up my inbox.
The email says:

Subject: Cron <sogo@mailserver> /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 30; /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify

2016-11-17 18:20:08.712 sogo-ealarms-notify[468] ERROR: could not open MySQL4 connection to database 'sogo': Can't connect to MySQL server on '27.0.0.1' (110)
<0x0x117f770[GCSChannelManager]> could not open channel <MySQL4Channel[0x0x10dc7e0] connection=0x(null)> for mysql://27.0.0.1/sogo/sogo_alarms_folder
<0x0x117f770[GCSChannelManager]>   will prevent opening of this channel 5 seconds after 2016-11-17 18:18:01 -0500
2016-11-17 18:22:15.944 sogo-ealarms-notify[468] ERROR: could not open MySQL4 connection to database 'sogo': Can't connect to MySQL server on '27.0.0.1' (110)
<0x0x117f770[GCSChannelManager]> could not open channel <MySQL4Channel[0x0xf87900] connection=0x(null)> for mysql://27.0.0.1/sogo/sogo_alarms_folder
<0x0x117f770[GCSChannelManager]>   will prevent opening of this channel 5 seconds after 2016-11-17 18:20:08 -0500

I changed "ALL" root cron jobs and added 2>&1 to them so the mails would stop, and nothing.

Then I noticed that the table sogo_alarms_folder does not exist in the sogo DB.
Restarting Sogo did not  create that table either.
I tried commenting out the ling in sogo.conf that mentions that table, restarted sogo, no change.
//OCSEMailAlarmsFolderURL = "mysql://sogo:<password>@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_alarms_folder";

- /var/log/mysql shows this error every minute as well:
2016-11-17T23:25:01.172004Z 705 [Note] Aborted connection 705 to db: 'sogo' user : 'sogo' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

-logging in manually to mysql with user sogo works fine.

I am using the sogo conf file here: http://pastebin.com/7XevuLAn

My main concern is stopping the incoming mail from sogo@mailserver. Getting Sogo to work again is a plus at this point since I got my clients using IMAP on their mail clients

Post's attachments

sogo.png 16.31 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo missing table, Weird behavior

Try to switch your apt repo to SOGo nightly build and upgrade SOGo to the latest version, it should fix this issue.

FYI: Switch SOGo yum/apt repositories to nightly builds by default (2016-07-20)
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1143 … fault.html

3 (edited by sameh.onaissi 2016-11-18 23:30:21)

Hello,

The inverse repo has a problem, but I used the 3rd party repo and Sogo updated, the log in screen issue is now fixed, however, the emails are still coming in every minute.

The alarms table is not created in the DB yet either, but I can log in through SOGo without a problem.

sameh.onaissi wrote:

Hello,

The invere repo has a problem, but I used the 3rd party repo and Sogo updated, the log in screen issue is now fixed, however, the emails are still coming in every minute.

The alarms table is not created in the DB yet either, but I can log in through SOGo without a problem.

UPDATE:

I got into the sogo user crontab: sudo crontab -e -u sogo

The first line is:
*   *   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 30; /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify

Commenting that out stopped the emails from coming in, although I am not sure I understand why they were triggered.

The alarm sql table should be created by SOGo itself. If it doesn't, try to setup a new iRedMail server in a virtual machine, then export that sql table and import to your production server.

sameh.onaissi wrote:

Commenting that out stopped the emails from coming in, although I am not sure I understand why they were triggered.

This is like killing the man who asking question to solve the real question. big_smile

Not sure which sogo repo you're using, if you're using nightly builds, sometimes it may contain some issue, but usually will be fixed in next build.