1 (edited by Tony-admincujae 2016-11-15 22:27:57)

Topic: Can't login as Postmaster

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP (replaced by AD as indicated)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Ok, I have successfully installed IredMail and it's working beutifully. The only problems that I'm having so far is that by mistake I've deleted the postmaster folder under /var/vmail/vmail1/my.domain.com/ Now I'm not able to login as postmaster to rouncube (I do can login to the admin web), and what's worst, the emails sent to postmaster by the system are forever in the queue waiting to be delivered. How can I recreate the postmaster folder?? I've tried to copy the folder of a simple user and renaming it to postmaster but no luck.

Also in another issue... The emails sent to users that aren't active in the AD return an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message (as expected), but the thing is that it sent this messages periodically. I would like for that those mails to be only sent once.

Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't login as Postmaster

Removing /var/vmail/vmail1/<domain>/ doesn't impact NEW emails, Dovecot will create the mailbox automatically when new email arrived or user accessed mailbox via POP3/IMAP.

You need to check Dovecot log file to figure out why it doesn't work: /var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/dovecot-sieve.log.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Removing /var/vmail/vmail1/<domain>/ doesn't impact NEW emails, Dovecot will create the mailbox automatically when new email arrived or user accessed mailbox via POP3/IMAP.

You need to check Dovecot log file to figure out why it doesn't work: /var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/dovecot-sieve.log.

The thing is that dovecot.log doesn't show anything helpful (at least that I can see). This is the .log

Nov 15 15:33:18 imap-login: Info: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs):user=<postmaster@ish.co.cu>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, session=<fIvZrFhB+uN/AAA

It's not a password error because I can login in the admin web.

QUESTION: I configure LDAP as backend in the beginning (as recomended in the tutorials) but for authenticating users in dovecot I switch to AD. Maybe this has something to do? Where does the password for postmaster is saved at installation??

I've even created a postmaster user in the AD but no luck?

Any ideas?

Turn on debug mode in Dovecot first, restart it, reproduce this issue and check Dovecot log file again:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.dovecot.html